Hello lovelies! Today is a bit of a different post but I really wanted to write about it because so many people suffer with Hay Fever and so many more people are starting to suffer with it so I thought why not share my tips on how to try and keep it at bay! I have never suffered with it before until this year which is really weird as so many people have said the same thing! If you don’t suffer with it then you are lucky because it is truly awful! So lets get onto my top tips on how to keep hay fever at bay!
- Take Hay Fever tablets in the morning and keep them in your handbag at all times! – This one might seem like an obvious one but I have had a few people ask me if I have any tablets as they have forgotten to take one! I don’t leave the house with out mine as you never know when you might need one!
- Don’t splash out on the expensive Hay Fever tablets – I didn’t realise just how expensive these tablets were until I had to go and buy some! Some of the proper branded ones are like five to ten pounds which is absolutely ridiculous especially if you are taking them pretty much every day so I just buy supermarkets own and they work just as well for me as the branded ones do!
- Try not to wear as much eye makeup or none at all – This is a hard one as I can’t leave the house without my mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow on but sometimes it’s best to have a couple of days with nothing on to give your eyes a rest! I went into work the other day with no makeup on and I felt so bare but it really helped my eyes.
- Cotton Pads soaked in Milk or Water – On a night when you are going to bed get two cotton pads and soak them in water or milk (milk sounds weird but trust me its so soothing) and place them on your eyes for 10-15 minutes and your eyes will feel so much better afterwards and also when you wake up. It really helps with the redness and also the itchiness! Plus you get to just have a lie down for 10-15 minutes!
- Liz Earle Eye Bright Soothing Eye Lotion – A colleague at work recommended this to me and I absolutely love it! You can use this in so many different ways! You can put it on cotton pads and have a 10 minute rest or you can use it to remove light eye makeup and you can use it through out the day to soothe your eyes. I am going to do a full post on this soon in more detail but it has really helped with my itchy eyes.
- Take tissues, a mirror and makeup with you every where – Tissues is an obvious one but the mirror and makeup are also needed as if you really can’t leave the house with out makeup on you may need to touch up during the day to save mascara and eyeliner running down your face from the watery/itchy eyes!
So they are my top tips for keeping Hay Fever at bay! I’m not saying these will definitely work for you because everyone is different but they worked for me and I am so happy I have found something that works! I hope this has helped you in some way. If you have any tips then please feel free to comment them down below and we can all stick together and help each other out :)!
See you soon!