I do love a good pamper and what pamper evening is complete without a face mask.. This is why I am sharing some of my favourite face masks with you. Don’t forget to share your faves in the comments too – I always like to try new products.
- L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Glow Face Mask – This mask is a good all rounder and one I tend to use when my skin is looking okay but just needs a little pick me up. The main benefits of this face mask are to brighten and exfoliate which is definitely does do.
- Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask – I absolutely love Liz Earle products as you can always trust that they do what it claims. This is the most recent face mask I have tried and its one that I like to use when my skin needs a good sort out. It really helps clear up my skin and gives me that fresh, clean feeling afterwards. Its almost like you can feel it working on the skin which I like and definitely need every now and then.
- Lush Mask of Magnaminty – I have used this for quite a few years now as it was recommended to me to help get rid of spots. Its not as intense as the Liz Earle mask but it still does the trick. It also smells really good!
Once I have washed the face mask off I like to slather my face in a thick moisturiser and for a while now I have been using the Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream. It helps keep my skin moisturised over night and gets rid of dry skin which I suffer from around this time of the year. Now the face mask is done and my skin is much more hydrated its time to either read my book or watch some Friends (so obsessed with friends at the moment!)
Don’t forget to let me know some of your face mask favourites and let me know if you have tried any of the above.
As you may have noticed there have been no posts on my blog since September last year – yes I am a rubbish human being. I guess the reason is, quite simply, because I just lost all motivation and every time I sat down to write I would ‘get side-tracked’ and start doing everything else but blogging. I was also trying to find a new flat as our tenancy was coming to an end so I was spending all my time online trying to find the perfect flat.. which we managed to do as you will see in a sec. However, I feel like my motivation is slowly coming back hense this post. I thought I’d do a little catch up and share a few pictures of my new flat because I am slightly in love with it.
This is my living room and its by far my favourite room. Its so cosy on a night when all my fairy lights are on, I just love chilling in here and find it so relaxing! I especially love my new rug from Ikea and cushion covers from H&M Home. What are your favourite home decor shops/websites at the moment?
I hope you enjoyed this mini catch up. Please do send me links to your blogs as I have been away for a while I need to have a catch up on everything that I have missed.
‘Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind’ that is the quote that’s on the front of the September Birchbox and I love it! This months box is a collaboration with Oliver Bonas which is definitely one of my all time favourite shops, mainly for their home decor pieces! As soon as I found out that they were collaborating with Oliver Bonas I was instantly excited and knew it would be a good one! One thing I like about Birchbox is some months you can choose the design of your box and this month you got two choices so I went for this one. I think its super fun, bright and the print is perfect for this collaboration. When you get into the box the products are also super bright and I’m really looking forward to trying these out. As usual there are 5 products two of which are full size and the rest sample size.
- Manna Kadar 3 in 1 Blush, Highlight, Eyeshadow (Full Size) – This is super pretty and I have already used it as an eyeshadow. This is one of the full size products and its in the shade Fantasy.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle – I’m never usually bothered about hair products, I don’t know why but they just never excite me. However, when I realised that this is a leave in conditioner I was quite intrigued. I haven’t tried it yet but one thing I can say is that it smells so nice!
- Dr PawPaw Original Clear Balm (Full Size) – This is another multi-use product and can be used for the lips, skin, cuticles and beauty finishing. First impressions of this are, it feels like velvet when on the skin so thats a plus from me. I still need to try it properly though but I feel like this will be a good product to have now that its getting into the Autumn/Winter seasons.
- Arrow Boost Colour Enhancing Lip Balm – The packaging on this is super fun, I love it! I’ve never tried a product like this before as when you apply it, it changes colour to suit your skin tone which is really interesting. It also smells really fresh.
- Polaar IcyMagic Instant Eye Contour Energiser – I think this is my favourite product in this months box. I love skin care, especially when its eye related because I am always on the hunt for new eye creams etc. This is a cooling eye roll on to soothe tired eyes, which is my eyes all the time!! Hopefully this can work its magic and sort out my eyes!!
So thats everything in the September Birchbox. I did also ‘upgrade’ my box for a little extra cost and got an Oliver Bonas candle but completely forgot to include it in the photos.. silly me! They also included some super cute stickers and a 15% off code to use on the OB website so I will definitely be using that!! If you received this Birchbox let me know which product you were most excited about. See you soon!
Painting my nails is one of those tasks that when I think about it I find it such a chore but then when I actually start I find it very therapeutic. I was painting my nails recently and discovered a super pretty combo using the Ciate Paint Pot in the shade Ice Frappe and a Kiko Glitter Metals Polish in the shade 002. I like this combo so much that I have decided to do this for my holiday rather than getting them done in a salon. Plus I’m saving money this way – bonus!I always apply a clear base coat before painting my nails and I just use one from Barry M then I go ahead and put the colour on. I actually got the Ciate nail polish in a magazine and it is probably one of my favourite nail polishes that I own. So after the clear basecoat I apply two coats of Ice Frappe. Once that has dried I put on a thin coat of the Kiko Glitter Metals on my ring finger and it just finishes it off nicely. Depending what colour you apply the Kiko polish over it can look different each time but this has got to be my favourite so far. Once they have all dried I then apply a topcoat which is the same Barry M clear polish as it’s a topcoat and a basecoat.I absolutely love this combination and will definitely be wearing it for a long time! With the base and topcoat it usually lasts about a week before it starts to chip but I am pretty happy with that. Usually my nail polish only lasts about 1 or 2 days which is so annoying because who’s got time to be re-doing your nails every other day… not me!I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know your favourite nail polish’s at the moment, I feel I need to have a clear out and buy some nice new fresh colours! So any recommendations are welcome.
On Friday I will be on my way to Tenerife and I am so flippin’ excited to get some sun and just relax for a whole week! So I thought I would let you know what makeup I will be taking with me. I find packing in general hard because I always feel like I’ve missed something off my list clothes wise and then adding makeup to that situation just makes things harder, especially because I don’t want to be taking my whole makeup collection. So I always find these posts super helpful. I thought I would split it into two sections, skincare and makeup because skin care is just as important!
SkincareI’ll start with skincare as its super important that the skin is always hydrated and protected from the sun because who wants to age early?! Not me!
- Nivea Tinted Moisturising Day Cream – On the days where I’m not wearing makeup this is what I will be using as it has SPF 15 in and because its tinted it will even out my skin tone and make me feel a little more like myself!
- The Body Shop Aloe Vera Day Moisturiser – I love this stuff and have used it everyday for the last couple of years. Its super lightweight so perfect for underneath makeup.
- NYX Studio Perfect Primer – This is my new favourite primer and will probably use this with and without makeup on top as it really helps blur out my pores.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream – This is a thicker consistency and really keeps my skin hydrated on a night.
- Doux Me Pure Spring Water Spray – I received this in one of my Birchboxes and have only just started using it but I feel like it will be perfect on holiday for some extra hydration on a morning and throughout the day. You can also use it on your body which will be nice and refreshing.
- Vichy Normaderm Face Wash – This is another product that I have used for years and love so this will definitely be coming with me! Once I have used it, it makes my skin feel so clean and refreshed.
I feel like that is quite a lot to take on holiday but I like to be prepared and I still wear makeup on holiday in an evening so it’s not too bad. What’s the one product that you can’t go anywhere without? Let me know in the comments 🙂
Buying gifts for people can be a struggle sometimes especially when trying to think of something different or unique. I also have quite a big family so birthdays seem to be coming round every month, sometimes multiple times a month for me! So when Uncommon Goods contacted me I had a look at their website and just loved the whole idea behind it. They have so many unusual gifts for everyone ranging from cute, unique jewellery to amazing home decor pieces. So to help anyone struggling with finding a unique birthday present for a family member or friend I thought I would do a gift guide showing you some of my favourite things from their website. They have different sections on their website depending on who you are buying for which makes it super easy to use.
I’ll start off with gifts for all the lovely women in your life. There were so many things to choose from but I finally decided on the Birthstone Wishing Ball which is basically somewhere to record any wishes/dreams you have for that year and you can pop them in here and then after the year is up have a read and see how many came true. These are handmade as well so everyone will be completely unique.Now for all the gifts/gadgets for men. This is one that I find the hardest because they never seem to be bothered or know what they want. Pretty much all the men in my life love gadgets so I thought this gift was a perfect one for the gadget lovers/big kids. Its called Makey Makey and basically its a circuit board that allows you to turn anything into a working keyboard.. how cool is that!?Finally, this is just all the gifts that would suit anyone which is good if you aren’t looking for something in particular. I came across these which are similar to the Wishing Balls but its a Wine Bottle Stopper and I just think its so pretty! I can already think of quite a few family members who would love this!!So that is my birthday gift guide using the Uncommon Goods website. I hope this helps you in someway and gives you some fun unique gift ideas. See you soon!
This post was sponsored by Uncommon Goods.
Chilled/unplanned weekends are my absolute favourite. Don’t get me wrong I love having plans but when you have an unexpected great weekend I just love it. Last weekend my boyfriend and I ventured into Manchester city centre because I needed to get some more bits for our holiday. We shopped, explored, had cream tea in a little cafe that we have wanted to go to for ages, shopped some more and then had a lovely walk around Salford Quays which is where I, finally, decided to take some pictures of my outfit. I had been trying to find a decent (quiet) place to take pictures all day but kept on putting it off because there was too many people!! So when we were walking around Salford Quays, it was relatively quiet, I just decided to get it done!!Because I knew we would be walking around Manchester all day I went for a comfy outfit and flat shoes, plus it was nice weather so wanted to wear some sort of sandals. I have had this top for a couple of months now and I absolutely love it! It’s pretty, comfy and really brings an outfit together and its from Primark which makes it even better. I really like the style and on the back there is a criss cross pattern just at the top which just adds something extra. The only downside is that it gets creased quite easily, especially if you are wearing it all day, which is why it looks a little creased in these pictures.These jeans are my favourite jeans at the moment. The fit is lovely, the colour is perfect and they are so comfortable. They are from Stradivarius which is a shop I have never heard of before until it came to the Trafford Centre earlier this year and its now one of my favourite shops! I really like the rips on the knees and the distressing as well. I have rolled them up just a little bit at the bottom as well.My shoes are quite new to my collection and they are from Ego which is another shop that is quite new to me but I saw these in the sale a few weeks back and knew I had to have them. I had been looking for a pair of espadrilles for a while and these ticked all the boxes for me. They are also really comfortable, which as you may be able to tell is a big thing for me!! They also remind me of Valentino shoes because of the studs.I finished the look off with my Kate Spade purple handbag and Olivia Burton watch. This is the bag I use everyday because its big enough to fit in everything I need but its not too big for walking around all day. I also feel like it goes with pretty much anything. I have also been wearing my Olivia Burton watch a lot recently and I’ve been loving it. Its so pretty and if I could I would buy every single watch from them because they are all stunning.
Let me know what your favourite high street shops are at the moment. I would say mine is currently New Look.