Happy Wednesday! We are half way through the week and so close to the weekend! I hope you are having a good one. This is my last week at work before I go on holiday and I can’t wait. We are going to Fuerteventura for a week, it was a very last minute trip but it is much needed. Because of this I’ve been on a bit of an ‘un-official’ spending ban just to try and save some money but a few things always seem to sneak through so I thought I would share those few sneaky purchases with you on my blog..
I was out shopping on Sunday with my friend and fellow blogger Katie when she mentioned this new L’Oreal shampoo, the L’Oreal Elvive Dream Lengths Restoring Shampoo. As soon as she mentioned it I knew I had to try it as I have quite long hair and struggle to keep the ends in good condition. Whilst looking at this I also noticed the Dream Lengths Hair Mask. I have never tried a hair mask before but liked the sound of this one as you apply it to the lengths in the shower and then wash it out. By the time this has gone up I will only have used these once but I definitely intend to do a full review when I have used them quite a few times. This range was also on 3 for £10 which is a bargain as the shampoo is £4.99 and the mask is £5.10 so I saved a fiver!! On that same shopping trip I bought my usual concealer, the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade Fair 1 because I love this stuff – you can see a full review here.
As you may or may not know I moved into a new flat in January so I have been buying a few things for the flat and one of my favourite things has got to be my new cushion covers from H&M Home. They are such good quality and so affordable! I went for the Dusky Pink Jacquard Weave, the Old Rose Cotton Canvas and the Old Rose Patterned cushion covers and think they look super pretty on my sofa! The next purchase, which is also for my living room, is my new rug from Ikea. I went for the Adum rug in the Light Brown-Pink colour and although it was only £40 I am so impressed with the quality and with how it looks (it looks different colours in different lights but its basically a dusky pink).
So they are my recent purchases over the last couple of months. What have you been buying recently?
I hope you enjoyed this post! Speak soon.
Hey guys! Hope you are well. I went into Lush the other day to have a look at the new Autumn goodies and ended up coming out with a few which is pretty standard to be honest! I absolutely love this time of year at Lush as the Halloween/Christmas products are by far my fave! The scents are gorgeous, the designs are ace and they just get better every year! So lets get into it!
First up we have the Northern Lights bath bomb. They had this one last year but they have changed the shape and I think I prefer this one as it’s more robust than the previous one. The colours are still the same and it still smells amazing! This is what the Lush website says – ‘Bring the ecstatic beauty of the night sky into the bath. Trails of blue and yellow jettison from a purple casing and dance across the water in otherworldly streams. As they do, cheery ylang ylang bobs and weaves with sensual jasmine in the air to light up your spirits.’ I think this is actually one of my all time favourite bath bombs! I am so excited to use this and will be using it after I have written this blog post!
Next up is the Pumpkin Bath Bomb. I haven’t tried this one before and I’m pretty sure they had it last year but correct me if I’m wrong! This does smell super strong and my whole flat smelt like ‘Autumn’ afterwards but I wasn’t complaining! This is what Lush say – ‘Serve yourself up a slab of sweet pumpkin pie, dripping in spice and sauciness – it’s even more satisfying in bath bomb form. Sweet, comforting vanilla absolute and spicy cinnamon evoke the rich, biscuity fragrance of home-baking and stacked desserts, ensuring that you feel toasty from top to toe. A soak with this pumpkin-shaped bomb is more satisfying than a belly full of pudding.’ If you are in need of a nice relaxing bath to take you away from everyday stresses and into a world of spice and warmth then this is the one!
Finally I got the Never Mind The Ballistics bath bomb and I haven’t seen this one before so I was intrigued, especially with the wax like top half! Lush says – ‘These aren’t ingredients for anybody else except for yourself. Lime and sweet wild orange oils are fresh and peachy on the nose, exciting the senses and shaking up your mood. There’s no time for apathy in the bath, so this anarchic bath bomb fizzes and rolls and spews colour with no holds barred energy. Fair Trade cocoa butter melts alongside fresh bananas to soften both the water and your skin. God save the clean; this deserves a replay.’ This one smells super sweet and I am very excited to try it! I like the fact it has cocoa butter in to help soften the skin as that is definitely needed this time of year!
So thats it for this mini Autumn Lush Haul. I hope you enjoyed it. Please let me know some of your favourite Autumn/Winter Lush products as I would like to try more! 😀
See you soon!
Hey guys! I have a haul for you today and I am very excited! Before these shopping trips I hadn’t been shopping in ages because I moved in August so shopping was off the cards for a while but I finally did a little bit last weekend and I am very happy with my purchases!
So this is kind of in two parts as some things were bought on the Friday and some on Saturday but I was too excited on Friday and ended up taking the pictures Saturday morning before I went out, hense the two part pictures! On Friday I went to the Trafford Centre after work and they have a new shop there called Stradivarius, if you haven’t been then I highly recommend! It is affordable, good quality and the shop smells amazing!
The striped shirt above is from Stradivarius, it was £15.99! I love how simple this looks yet if you tuck it into a pair of jeans or a pair of cigarette style trousers it looks super chic! These shirts come in all different colours and patterns! The Knitted Military Jacket below is also from Stradivarius. I love the military look and the gold buttons just make it look extra cool! This cardigan will go with anything and was only £25.99!
The below wine printed shirt is from Pull & Bear and I haven’t been in or seen this shop for years, not since one of my trips to London which was probably about 3 years (ish) ago! They now have one in the Trafford Centre so I knew I had to go in! This is another shirt that will go with anything especially tucked into a pair of black jeans! I couldn’t believe it when I looked at the label and saw that it was only £12.99. They have loads more in different prints!
Of course I had to pop into Lush and have a look at all the Halloween products and ended up coming out with the Lord of Misrule bath bomb. It smells absolutely amazing and turns the bath water a gorgeous red wine colour, a bit like the shirt above (smooooth)! ;). I also had to nip in to The Body Shop and pick up my fave primer – Instablur. I have a post all about this so feel free to have a read if you haven’t tried this yet!
On the Saturday my partner and I went into Didsbury as we are trying to explore all the little towns near where we live. I came across this gorgeous little flower shop/boutique and literally could have bought everything but I held myself back and decided to get this super pretty top. It is so simple but I just loved the small detail on the arms. This would look so cute paired with some skinny jeans and heels for a night out! Its one of those tops that can be dressed up or down so its right up my street! This was also only £10!
I needed some more mascara so nipped into Superdrug and came out with two things, pretty standard trip to Superdrug, but it was 2 for £10 on Rimmel products so a no brainer really! I got the Rimmel Volume Colourist mascara as I couldn’t decide which one to get so just stuck with one I have already tried. I also decided to pick up this eyeshadow palette as you really can’t go wrong with these shades, its called Smokey Brown 002. Perfect for creating a smokey eye for day or night as you get all the shades in one palette!
Thats it for this post, I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know in the comments if you would like to see any outfit posts with my new tops as I may just do that!
See you soon!
Hey guys! I hope you are well and having a brilliant Easter weekend! I mentioned in my previous post that I was going to London for a few days with my boyfriend. I went on Monday and came back Wednesday evening, I had the best time and my opinion of London has slightly changed. I’m not a massive fan of London for many different reasons but I thoroughly enjoyed myself this time. We did the usual seeing the sights, which we have done before, but it is nice to see them again and we also discovered new places that we had never been to before like Soho, Hyde Park, Mayfair and a few more. We stayed at The Cavendish Hotel which is absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend it. It is located in Mayfair so everything is within walking distance including all of the main shopping places which was brilliant for me but not so brilliant for my boyfriend or my bank balance! But it would have been rude not to spend a little…
I’ll get started with the clothing –
- Bien Bleu Biker Jacket from The Sting – So I ended up buying two jackets but I couldn’t resist. The first jacket on the left is a faux leather jacket in Navy. This was on sale so I got it for £35 and I absolutely love it. It’s so comfy and super easy to wear and the ‘leather’ is really soft.
- Navy Cotton Trench Coat from Zara – I had been looking for the ‘perfect’ trench coat for ages but couldn’t seem to find one as they were either too long or a weird material. As soon as I saw this in Zara I knew it was the perfect coat. I got the Navy one but you can get it in two other colours as well, I just have a thing for Navy at the moment. It is super comfy and I can’t wait to do some OOTD’s wearing this.
- Tortoiseshell-Patterned Sunglasses from H&M – I didn’t intend on buying these but I left mine in the hotel on the first day and it was really sunny so I nipped into H&M just to get some to keep me going but I really like these and they are now my fave pair of sunnies. For £6.99 you really can’t go wrong!
Now onto Beauty –
- Zoeva En Taupe Palette from Selfridges – I was so happy when I received the email saying that Selfridges Oxford Street are now selling Zoeva. I headed straight there and after swatching every eyeshadow I finally decided on getting this palette and to make it even better my boyfriend said he would buy it for me – he’s a good’un!
- 3INA The Pencil Eyeshadow from 3INA – I had never heard of this brand before but saw them just near the Kiko store in Covent Garden. The lay out and everything is very similar to Kiko and the prices are about the same too so I thought I would try something and decided to pick up this Eye Pencil in the shade 106. It’s like a Pinky-Taupe shade.
- L’Oreal Infallible 24Hr Matte Foundation from Boots – So I didn’t buy this in London, I bought it the day after but just decided to include it anyway. My foundation is running out and I have heard good things about this one, plus it’s matte so it sounds like my kind of foundation. I will report back my thoughts when I have tried it.
- Makeup Revolution Ultra Base Corrector Palette from Superdrug – I have been wanting to try this for a while now but it was always out of stock. I finally got my hands on it just before I went to London. I have used it a few times but will ket you know my thoughts when I have tried it properly.
Before I get onto the Lush products I just want to say how amazing the Lush store is on Oxford Street. I had heard it was really good but nothing could prepare me for how amazing it really is. If you haven’t been to that store then I highly recommend going! I was in my element! I haven’t tried any of these products yet so I’m just going to list them – they all smell amazing!
The final item I bought was from Harrods. I had never been to Harrods before and was expecting big things and once again it exceeded them and I was amazed. We were in there for about 2 hours and we only did the first two floors! I mainly wanted to go to the Harry Potter section as my boyfriend had told me how amazing it was and he was not wrong. I was very good and only bought one thing which was the Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit. I love board games and have wanted this for a while.
So that is it for my London Haul. I had such a good time and can’t believe it’s over already. If you have tried any of the above products then let me know your thoughts. I hope you have a wonderful Easter.
See you soon.
Hello lovelies! I hope you are having a great week! I am writing this post whilst watching The Great British Bake Off! I absolutely love this show so I am super excited that it is back on again! How cute is Mary Berry! Let me know if you watch it too. I have decided to do a haul post today as I have been buying a few bits here and there over the last month or so, so I thought I’d share it with you. It’s a mixture of makeup, skincare, hair care and home decor… Lets get started!
- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
- Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette – Yes I finally have this in my collection!
- Heart Decoration – I got this at my cousins wedding a couple of weeks ago! They got married in a little tea room, in the woods by a waterfall in Whitby and it was amazing so I wanted to get a little souvenir!
- Wooden Dog Decoration – I also got this as a souvenir from my cousins wedding as I loved the quote on it. ‘ Start Each Day With A Wagging Tale’ – How cute!
- Garnier Fresh Eye Makeup Remover
- Urban Fudge Dry Shampoo Crisp Pear & Sweet Vanilla
- The Body Shop InstaBlur Primer
- The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defence
So that is everything that I have been buying over the past few weeks. Everything is a new purchase for me apart from the Garnier Eye Makeup Remover as I love this stuff! I will be doing full reviews on all of these products so keep your eyes peeled for those! I hope you have enjoyed this post.
See you soon.
Hello lovelies! I hope you had a fantastic weekend! I have another haul today as I have bought a few things over the past few weeks and would like to share them with you. A few of the items are things that have wanted to try for quite a while now so I am rather excited!
- Colab Dry Shampoo Rio – I have been wanting to try this dry shampoo for a while now but wanted to use up my Batiste first. So many people recommended this so I am excited to try it. One thing I can say though is that it smells gorgeous!
- Colab Dry Shampoo London Mini – How cute is this little bottle! I thought it would be perfect to keep in my handbag for on the go!
- Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen – This is my favourite liquid eyeliner so it’s not a new purchase but I wanted to include it because I love it!
- Dorothy Perkins Wide Fit Pumps – I bought these for work because now we are getting nearer to summer I wanted something a bit cooler and these are super pretty. They are also from Dorothy Perkins ‘Wide Fit’ Collection which is amazing because I always struggle to find pumps like these that are comfy.
- Elastoplast Disney Princess Plasters – I had to buy these! Who doesn’t want Disney Princess plasters! I always get blisters on the back of my heels when I buy new shoes so until I wear them in I will have to wear a Disney Princess plaster everyday – what a shame 😉
- Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerise Norma Jean – It’s no secret that I love Charlotte Tilbury products so I am super excited to try this eyeshadow!
So that is everything that I have bought recently. I will be doing separate posts on them to let you know my thoughts. Have you tried any of the above? Let me know in the comments 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this post!
See you soon ❤
Hello lovelies! I hope you are well and making the most of the long weekend we have! I am going home to spend some time with my family and friends so I am super excited! I have another Oriflame Haul for you today. I am really loving Oriflame products at the moment. Their skin care range is amazing and the products that I have used I am really impressed with.
- True Perfection Miracle Perfecting Serum
- Optimals Smooth Out Mini Set Day & Night Cream
- Giordani Gold Flat Foundation Brush
- Optimals Gentle Daily Face Scrub
- Giordani Gold Long Wear Mineral Foundation
- Tender Care Protecting Balm
I have only just got these products so I will let you know soon what I think of them but I am super excited to try them all as other Oriflame products that I have tried have been brilliant!
Have you ever tried any of these products?
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you soon!