Chilled/unplanned weekends are my absolute favourite. Don’t get me wrong I love having plans but when you have an unexpected great weekend I just love it. Last weekend my boyfriend and I ventured into Manchester city centre because I needed to get some more bits for our holiday. We shopped, explored, had cream tea in a little cafe that we have wanted to go to for ages, shopped some more and then had a lovely walk around Salford Quays which is where I, finally, decided to take some pictures of my outfit. I had been trying to find a decent (quiet) place to take pictures all day but kept on putting it off because there was too many people!! So when we were walking around Salford Quays, it was relatively quiet, I just decided to get it done!!Because I knew we would be walking around Manchester all day I went for a comfy outfit and flat shoes, plus it was nice weather so wanted to wear some sort of sandals. I have had this top for a couple of months now and I absolutely love it! It’s pretty, comfy and really brings an outfit together and its from Primark which makes it even better. I really like the style and on the back there is a criss cross pattern just at the top which just adds something extra. The only downside is that it gets creased quite easily, especially if you are wearing it all day, which is why it looks a little creased in these pictures.These jeans are my favourite jeans at the moment. The fit is lovely, the colour is perfect and they are so comfortable. They are from Stradivarius which is a shop I have never heard of before until it came to the Trafford Centre earlier this year and its now one of my favourite shops! I really like the rips on the knees and the distressing as well. I have rolled them up just a little bit at the bottom as well.My shoes are quite new to my collection and they are from Ego which is another shop that is quite new to me but I saw these in the sale a few weeks back and knew I had to have them. I had been looking for a pair of espadrilles for a while and these ticked all the boxes for me. They are also really comfortable, which as you may be able to tell is a big thing for me!! They also remind me of Valentino shoes because of the studs.I finished the look off with my Kate Spade purple handbag and Olivia Burton watch. This is the bag I use everyday because its big enough to fit in everything I need but its not too big for walking around all day. I also feel like it goes with pretty much anything. I have also been wearing my Olivia Burton watch a lot recently and I’ve been loving it. Its so pretty and if I could I would buy every single watch from them because they are all stunning.
Let me know what your favourite high street shops are at the moment. I would say mine is currently New Look.
It’s that time of month again where we all share our favourite products. These posts are some of my favourite posts to read and also to write. I usually only do a ‘product of the month’ but I have way to many favourites to choose from this month, so I have decided to go back to sharing all of my faves from the month and if there is a stand out product then I will let you know on Instagram/Twitter or something. Let me know your favourite products this month and if you would like to know mine then please keep reading..
August Beauty Favourites
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – Every time I use this I ask myself ‘why didn’t I buy you sooner?!’ Absolutely love this product and can see this lasting me ages so it’s well worth the investment!!
- NYX Studio Perfect Clear Primer – This is the first product I have tried from NYX and its ace! It feels like velvet when you apply it to your face and my makeup stays put all day!
- Topshop Glow Stick Play Up – I bought this on a whim as I couldn’t decide which highlight to get and the shop was closing in like 2 minutes but I definitely made the right decision! Looks so pretty for everyday use as it’s not too ‘in your face’.
- Kiko Glitter Metal Nail Lacquer 148 – One of the prettiest nail polishes I own. I use this as a top coat to a plain colour and it looks gorgeous! (I can’t find this on the UK site so linked the American one so you can see the shade etc. I bought this in store)
August Accessory Favourites
- Angel Wing Earrings – I got these for my birthday this year from my lovely cousin so I’m not too sure where they are from but they are so pretty. I have been looking for a pair of earrings like this for a while but had no luck so I was very pleased when I opened these on my birthday.
- Olivia Burton Blue & Rose Gold Watch – I have had this watch for a while now but only kept it for special occasions but realised I wasn’t getting as much wear out of it as I would like. So I have been wearing it for pretty much the whole of August and really enjoying wearing it again. Olivia Burton watches are definitely some of the prettiest I have ever seen!!
So that rounds up my August favourites. Don’t forget to let me know what you have been loving this month and feel free to leave me links to your posts as I would love to read them.
Hello lovelies! So I finally got around to taking some outfit pictures. I have been meaning to do this for a while now but with UK weather being rubbish most of the time I have struggled. However, just recently the weather has been lovely so I took advantage of that and my aunties beautiful garden and took some pictures! This outfit is a smart casual one that can be worn to work, on a weekend or even out for a meal, so it’s super versatile which is just my kind of thing!
I really love this outfit! I love how easy it is to wear and can be dressed up or down for any occasion. I saw this top in my local Tesco a while back and fell in love but didn’t get it as I am trying to save but with the weather getting a bit hotter I really needed some more summery tops so decided to invest! I really love the collar, it’s a high neck but sits just nicely and doesn’t feel too restricting. I also love the ruffle trim, I think it looks super pretty and is quite different. I think this whole outfit paired with the blazer looks super smart and great for work! This blazer was such a great buy as it goes with so many outfits with it being a neutral, light colour. Finally, who doesn’t love khaki jeans! They go so well with the top and it makes a change to my usual black skinny jeans!
Now onto the same outfit minus the blazer but plus my gorgeous new trench coat and scarf! Even though the weather is a bit warmer now the evenings can get a bit chilly and this is the perfect coat for keeping you warm! It’s still smart so is great for going out and will go with anything – another bonus! I am loving Navy at the moment, it is such an easy colour to wear. This coat is such good quality, it was a bit more than I usually spend on a coat but it’s totally worth it! The detail is quite simple with the buckles on the sleeves and shoulder but you don’t want it to be too fancy. I love how well it goes with my new scarf as well, like a match made in heaven!
So that is it for my ‘Day to Evening Outfit’. I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know what your favourite clothing shops are at the moment!?
See you soon!
Hey guys! I hope you are well and having a brilliant Easter weekend! I mentioned in my previous post that I was going to London for a few days with my boyfriend. I went on Monday and came back Wednesday evening, I had the best time and my opinion of London has slightly changed. I’m not a massive fan of London for many different reasons but I thoroughly enjoyed myself this time. We did the usual seeing the sights, which we have done before, but it is nice to see them again and we also discovered new places that we had never been to before like Soho, Hyde Park, Mayfair and a few more. We stayed at The Cavendish Hotel which is absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend it. It is located in Mayfair so everything is within walking distance including all of the main shopping places which was brilliant for me but not so brilliant for my boyfriend or my bank balance! But it would have been rude not to spend a little…
I’ll get started with the clothing –
- Bien Bleu Biker Jacket from The Sting – So I ended up buying two jackets but I couldn’t resist. The first jacket on the left is a faux leather jacket in Navy. This was on sale so I got it for £35 and I absolutely love it. It’s so comfy and super easy to wear and the ‘leather’ is really soft.
- Navy Cotton Trench Coat from Zara – I had been looking for the ‘perfect’ trench coat for ages but couldn’t seem to find one as they were either too long or a weird material. As soon as I saw this in Zara I knew it was the perfect coat. I got the Navy one but you can get it in two other colours as well, I just have a thing for Navy at the moment. It is super comfy and I can’t wait to do some OOTD’s wearing this.
- Tortoiseshell-Patterned Sunglasses from H&M – I didn’t intend on buying these but I left mine in the hotel on the first day and it was really sunny so I nipped into H&M just to get some to keep me going but I really like these and they are now my fave pair of sunnies. For £6.99 you really can’t go wrong!
Now onto Beauty –
- Zoeva En Taupe Palette from Selfridges – I was so happy when I received the email saying that Selfridges Oxford Street are now selling Zoeva. I headed straight there and after swatching every eyeshadow I finally decided on getting this palette and to make it even better my boyfriend said he would buy it for me – he’s a good’un!
- 3INA The Pencil Eyeshadow from 3INA – I had never heard of this brand before but saw them just near the Kiko store in Covent Garden. The lay out and everything is very similar to Kiko and the prices are about the same too so I thought I would try something and decided to pick up this Eye Pencil in the shade 106. It’s like a Pinky-Taupe shade.
- L’Oreal Infallible 24Hr Matte Foundation from Boots – So I didn’t buy this in London, I bought it the day after but just decided to include it anyway. My foundation is running out and I have heard good things about this one, plus it’s matte so it sounds like my kind of foundation. I will report back my thoughts when I have tried it.
- Makeup Revolution Ultra Base Corrector Palette from Superdrug – I have been wanting to try this for a while now but it was always out of stock. I finally got my hands on it just before I went to London. I have used it a few times but will ket you know my thoughts when I have tried it properly.
Before I get onto the Lush products I just want to say how amazing the Lush store is on Oxford Street. I had heard it was really good but nothing could prepare me for how amazing it really is. If you haven’t been to that store then I highly recommend going! I was in my element! I haven’t tried any of these products yet so I’m just going to list them – they all smell amazing!
The final item I bought was from Harrods. I had never been to Harrods before and was expecting big things and once again it exceeded them and I was amazed. We were in there for about 2 hours and we only did the first two floors! I mainly wanted to go to the Harry Potter section as my boyfriend had told me how amazing it was and he was not wrong. I was very good and only bought one thing which was the Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit. I love board games and have wanted this for a while.
So that is it for my London Haul. I had such a good time and can’t believe it’s over already. If you have tried any of the above products then let me know your thoughts. I hope you have a wonderful Easter.
See you soon.
Hello lovelies! I have a bit of a different post for you today as I have recently been in contact with a company called Invaluable and they asked if I would like to do a post about my favourite jewellery. I absolutely love this idea as I have a few pieces that I like to wear everyday and I also have some pieces that mean a lot to me. So let’s get started!
I am going to start with the pieces that I wear everyday –
I will start with my rings. I absolutely love my rings and feel really lost when I don’t have them on! All of them mean something as I got them for a birthday or another special occasion.
- I got this one for my 16th birthday from my parents. It was my first proper ring and I love it!
- This was was another gift from my parents for my 18th birthday.
- This is my first Pandora ring which is again from my parents – I have the best parents :). They bought me this for my 21st birthday.
- Finally, I actually bought this ring for myself when I was on holiday in Spain and I just loved the design of it and thought it would be a good way to remember my holiday.
All my rings are very special to me because they mark a special occasion and I will definitely be passing them down when I have my own children. I have also been browsing on the Invaluable website at some of their rings and they have some gorgeous ones available!
Now onto my bracelets, necklace and watch that I also wear everyday. My watch is a Radley watch and my boyfriend bought me this for my birthday last year. I love the design of this and how classy it looks as it goes with any outfit! Then there is my Pandora bracelet which my very lovely boyfriend also got for me for our first Christmas 3 years ago – all the charms on this mean something as well as some were for my birthdays and some are from my holidays etc.. My necklace is also from my boyfriend (he’s a good’un) I think this was one of the first presents that he bought for me so this means a lot. Finally I love wearing my Harry Potter quote bracelet because if you didn’t know I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and I absolutely love this quote! The actual bracelet also looks like an old antique piece of jewellery.
I also have a few pieces in my jewellery box that I don’t wear everyday but they are still very special to me. I keep most of them in this little trinket box which I found in a cute little shop near where I live and thought it would be perfect to keep a few of them in.
- I received the Swallow bracelet for my 18th Birthday. I love how simple this is but because it is so delicate I am scared I will loose it so I save it for special occasions.
- The Fossil watch was also a present for my 18th. This watch is so different to any other watch I have seen. It is just beautiful so this is another piece that I keep for special occasions.
- The beaded bracelet and necklace were a gift from my auntie when she got married as I was her bridesmaid so these are very special to me as it was such a special day that I will remember for ever.
- Finally, my charm bracelet. I remember when I was little going to my grans and she showed me hers which is absolutely jam packed with charms from all over the world so when she bought me my own I was so happy! I haven’t managed to fill it with any more charms because I have never found anywhere that sells charms like this but never the less it is still very special to me so I keep it nice and safe in my little trinket box.
So they are all my fave pieces of jewellery that are very special to me and will stay with me forever. I absolutely loved doing this post because every piece of jewellery mentioned has a story behind it and it was so nice to think back to those times and re-live the memories.
If you haven’t been on the Invaluable website before then I recommend you head on over there now as they have some gorgeous pieces that you can bid on.
I hope you enjoyed this post!
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! I hope you had a fantastic weekend filled with lots of fun! My family came over to stay for the weekend and we all had such a good time looking around Manchester, going for drinks and food to The Alchemist which is a really cool cocktail bar with super fancy cocktails and delicious food! So for todays post I am going to share with you what I always have in my handbag. I love reading these posts on other blogs because who doesn’t love a good old nosey and also I have just bought a new handbag so I thought why not! Right lets get started..
So first off my handbag is from a little shop in my home town called Tutto Bello. It’s my favourite shop in the world as everything sell is gorgeous! It’s a David Jones handbag and I love it because it goes with anything!
- Scarf – I always have a scarf in my bag as you never know when you might need it and they pull any outfit together perfectly! This scarf is also from Tutto Bello.
- Book – I always like to have my book/kindle in my bag. I am reading Hunger Games Catching Fire at the moment. It is brilliant!
- Snack – I usually have a nice little snack just incase I get a bit peckish on my travels!
- Hay fever Tablets – I cant go anywhere with out these as the last few years I have suffered with hay fever and these really do help!
- Notebook & Pen – You never know when you might get a good idea so I always have my cute little notebook and pen with me 🙂
- Makeup Bag – This goes everywhere with me as it has all the essentials in just incase disaster strikes! I have done a full post on what I keep in this *here* (It is still pretty much the same)!
- Roll on Perfume – I have the Dolce & Gabbana roll on perfume as I got it as a freebie a couple of years ago and just like to have it with me as it does smell quite nice!
- Purse – For my shopping addiction 😉
- Phone – I feel lost without my phone which is really sad but I take it everywhere with me!
- Vaseline – I can’t go anywhere with out some sort of lip balm especially in the winter!
- Keys – Well I’m not going to get very far without my car/house keys now am I 😉
So that is everything I have in my handbag! It can get a bit heavy sometimes but I think every girl has that problem ;). I hope you enjoyed this post and didn’t get too bored!
What is the one thing that you always have to have in your handbag?
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! Over the past few weeks I have been doing a spot of shopping and I have decided to show you everything that I have been buying! It’s a mixture of clothing, accessories and makeup so I am quite excited as it has been a while since I have been clothes shopping! Lets get started –
Last weekend my boyfriends parents came to see us so we went into Manchester and I took a trip to Charlotte Tilbury, of course, and I decided to buy the Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow Pencil in the shade Champagne Diamonds! It is absolutely stunning! I will be doing a full post on this very soon! I also took a trip to Primark and bought some skinny jeans, a khaki green blouse and a grey jumper with a medium turtle neck as I have been trying to find one for ages and this is so comfy! I am also going to do some fashion posts very soon featuring these items as I love them all a lot!
As I said in yesterdays post I went home for Easter and did a bit more shopping which involved Boots and my fave shop Tutto Bello! So from Boots I bought a L’Oreal Paris Eyeshadow in the shade Cameleon which looks just like a pearl and will be perfect for everyday wear in Spring/Summer time!
Finally I took a trip to my fave shop back home, Tutto Bello! They sell gorgeous handbags, jewellery, accessories and clothing. Every time I go home I always make sure to pop in as the owners are lovely and everything they sell is just amazing! This time I bought a handbag as I have been searching for one for a while now but nothing has jumped out at me but as soon as I saw this I loved it and bought it straight away!
So that is everything that I have bought over the past few weeks! I am going to do full posts on everything very soon so stay tuned for those! I hope you enjoyed this post!
See you soon!