‘Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind’ that is the quote that’s on the front of the September Birchbox and I love it! This months box is a collaboration with Oliver Bonas which is definitely one of my all time favourite shops, mainly for their home decor pieces! As soon as I found out that they were collaborating with Oliver Bonas I was instantly excited and knew it would be a good one! One thing I like about Birchbox is some months you can choose the design of your box and this month you got two choices so I went for this one. I think its super fun, bright and the print is perfect for this collaboration. When you get into the box the products are also super bright and I’m really looking forward to trying these out. As usual there are 5 products two of which are full size and the rest sample size.
- Manna Kadar 3 in 1 Blush, Highlight, Eyeshadow (Full Size) – This is super pretty and I have already used it as an eyeshadow. This is one of the full size products and its in the shade Fantasy.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle – I’m never usually bothered about hair products, I don’t know why but they just never excite me. However, when I realised that this is a leave in conditioner I was quite intrigued. I haven’t tried it yet but one thing I can say is that it smells so nice!
- Dr PawPaw Original Clear Balm (Full Size) – This is another multi-use product and can be used for the lips, skin, cuticles and beauty finishing. First impressions of this are, it feels like velvet when on the skin so thats a plus from me. I still need to try it properly though but I feel like this will be a good product to have now that its getting into the Autumn/Winter seasons.
- Arrow Boost Colour Enhancing Lip Balm – The packaging on this is super fun, I love it! I’ve never tried a product like this before as when you apply it, it changes colour to suit your skin tone which is really interesting. It also smells really fresh.
- Polaar IcyMagic Instant Eye Contour Energiser – I think this is my favourite product in this months box. I love skin care, especially when its eye related because I am always on the hunt for new eye creams etc. This is a cooling eye roll on to soothe tired eyes, which is my eyes all the time!! Hopefully this can work its magic and sort out my eyes!!
So thats everything in the September Birchbox. I did also ‘upgrade’ my box for a little extra cost and got an Oliver Bonas candle but completely forgot to include it in the photos.. silly me! They also included some super cute stickers and a 15% off code to use on the OB website so I will definitely be using that!! If you received this Birchbox let me know which product you were most excited about. See you soon!
Hey guys! So I thought I would do a review on a new eyeshadow palette today as I want to use it in a post that I have planned but felt that I needed to review it first. I received this cute little palette in the February Birchbox, which was my first ever Birchbox and I am so pleased with it. I have done a post on my thoughts of the February Birchbox here! Now back to the eyeshadow palette! As the title says this is the Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio in the shade Champagne Mocha and these shades are right up my street!
The packaging is pretty basic but very sturdy, so sturdy that I actually struggle to get into it without breaking a nail but hopefully that will wear down over time. It’s not a major issue and maybe I just got a dodgy one but that is the only thing that I see as a ‘bad thing’ so lets get onto the good things! I think the name of this palette ‘Champagne Mocha’ is perfect as the 3 shades definitely resemble both of those things. Since receiving this palette I have used it a lot, its so wearable and great for everyday. All 3 of the eyeshadows are shimmery and the darkest shade has little specs of glitter in which is super pretty! The eyeshadows last pretty much all day and that’s without a primer so I am really impressed. This is one of those palettes that is super easy to use and only takes a couple of minutes to achieve a smokey eye look that looks like you’ve spent half an hour perfecting.
I am really impressed with the quality of this palette and when I have used up this mini version I am definitely going to buy a full size palette as they are only £15.50 and you get 10 eyeshadows. They have 3 to choose from and I think I would probably go for ‘Naturally Bare’ which is super pretty! Let me know in the comments if you have ever tried this brand before, I had never heard of them before receiving my Birchbox.
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you soon
Hey guys! Hope you are well. I always see beauty subscription boxes all over Instagram, Twitter and other blogs and I have always wondered if they are worth it, but when I saw that Birchbox were offering a full size Spectrum brush in every box I knew I had to get myself one! If you haven’t heard of Birchbox then its basically a monthly beauty subscription box where you get to try sample sized, sometimes full size, beauty, skincare or haircare products for only £10 a month.
So because this was my first box I got a free gift which is super nice! I got a full size Smith & Cult Lip Lacquer which is worth £21! You also got to choose from two designs on the box as they collaborated with Papier so I chose this gorgeous leaf print. Now lets get onto the exciting part where I tell you what I actually got inside the box…
- Beaver Professional Daily Moisture Conditioning Spray (I have used this a couple of times already and I’m very impressed)
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Basically this is a multi-purpose oil for the face, body and hair)
- Spectrum C06 Eyeshadow Brush
- Smith & Cult The Shining Lip Lacquer
- Pop Beauty Eyeshadow Trio in the shade Champagne Mocha
- Keeome Hydration Therapy Mask
So all of the above are sample size apart from the Spectrum brush and the Lip Lacquer. Although they are samples they are still pretty big and I think you get a lot of product. I am really impressed with my first Birchbox and the good thing is you can cancel the subscription at any time so there are no commitments! If you want more information on Birchbox then head on over to their website here. I am going to do full reviews on the products that I received because I will definitely be using them all. I now can’t wait for March’s box!
Let me know in the comments if you have tried this subscription box or any others and what you think of them.
I hope you enjoyed this post. See you soon!