I feel like I am always on the hunt for a new concealer. I think I find the ‘perfect’ one but then there is always something that I don’t like. However, I may have found one that is very close to perfection and the concealer I am talking about is the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. I had been meaning to try this for quite a while as I always heard so much about it online, so when my NARS Creamy concealer ran out I decided I didn’t love it enough to spend another £24 and marched straight to Boots and picked up this one. I got the lightest shade which is Fair 1 and its perfect for my skin tone. They also do 3 other shades.
The first great thing about this concealer is the price.. its £4.19 which is so affordable and not going to break the bank. Second, I think its a lot better than the NARS Creamy concealer but thats just my opinion. Third, it lasts all day which when you have dark circles like mine is an absolute must in a concealer. I apply this before my foundation because that’s just what I’ve always done and it does such a good job at covering not just my dark circles but also any blemishes and redness on my face. I then apply my foundation and it sits nicely on top without looking too heavy.
I am so pleased I picked up this little gem and would really recommend giving it a try if you are looking for a new concealer. Let me know in the comments what your favourite concealer is..
Hey lovelies! I hope you’ve had a good weekend! Todays is ‘all about that base’ with the Makeup Revolution Ultra Base Corrector Palette. I got this a while ago now because I kept seeing palettes like this all over other blogs and Instagram but they were always super expensive, so I went for a more affordable one and I really like using it! I obviously can’t compare it to the more expensive ones but this palette is definitely good for the price!
It comes in the above packaging. The actual palette packaging is really good quality and you get a nice big mirror the full size of the lid which is super handy for on the go! Over all I am really impressed with the packaging, especially for a drugstore product! The writing on the front has worn off a bit now but for the price you pay it really doesn’t matter!
You get 8 corrector shades in the palette that are all good for different things. From left to right, top row first and then the bottom row you have:
- Pink – Brightens
- Lavender – Neutralises yellow tones
- Green – Neutralises redness
- Orange – Neutralises blue tones
- Peach – Helps to balance slight discolouration
- White – Adds natural highlight and brightens
- Cream – Neutralises Purple and covers dark areas
- Brown – Balances ashiness in medium to dark skin tones
The colours I use the most are Pink, Green, White and Cream. I use Cream everyday under my eyes and on any blemishes as it’s good at concealing my dark circles. I use Pink under my eyes as well to brighten them up a bit. I use Green over my red blemishes and any other red discolouration. Finally when I am going for a more glowy look I use the White shade where the light hits naturally and then I will put my foundation over the top of them all. The only shade I haven’t used it Brown as I am basically Casper! They are all super creamy and blend really well on the skin. My foundation sits nicely on top of them and doesn’t look cakey. This palette is only £6.00 which is really affordable and good value as you get a lot for your money and they do actually work.
Overall I really recommend this as for £6.00 you can’t go wrong! It does what it it supposed to and that’s all you can ask for really! Let me know in the comments if you have tried this before and also if you have tried any other palettes like this!
I hope you enjoyed this post!
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! I have decided to do a makeup look as I haven’t done one in a while and every weekend I seem to be doing the same thing. So I thought I would share it with you as I used a few products that I have bought recently including the gorgeous Makeup Revolution Flawless Palette!
The products I used –
- Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation Sample – 1 Fair
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer – Ivory
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – Translucent
- Makeup Revolution Flawless Palette
- Soap & Glory Supercat Liquid Eyeliner
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
- NARS Laguna Bronzer
- Charlotte Tilbury Blush – First Love
- MaxFactor Blush – Lovely Pink (I used this as a highlighter)
- Tanya Burr Lipgloss – Chic
To create this pink smokey eye look I used the gorgeous Makeup Revolution Flawless Palette –
- Soft Glow – I used this all over my lid
- Universal – All over my lid
- Smudge – In the outer corner to create the smokey look
- Shimmer Heart – On the first half of my lid to add a bit of sparkle and brighten it up a bit.
- Highlite – On the inner corner of my eye
So that is everything I did to create this look. I have been doing this look nearly every weekend ever since I bought this palette. I think this look is perfect for during the day and you could always glam it up for an evening by adding a darker colour to the outer corner and a bit more glitter!
So I hope you enjoyed this post! I am thinking of doing a celebrity inspired look soon so feel free to give me any suggestions :).
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! How lovely has the weather been lately?! It has made me realise that I have hardly any clothes for summer especially ones that are suitable for work as well so I think I am going to go shopping and get a few bits. I will then, of course, let you know if I find anything! So I have been saving up all the bottles from products that I have finished and thought I would share those with you as well as some of them are my fave products that I will definitely be buying again.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Tropical – This stuff is an absolute lifesaver and the Tropical scent is by far my favourite!
- Radox Sleep Easy Bubble Bath – Okay so this is a bit of a random one but when I don’t have any Lush I love using Radox as it is so relaxing and makes loads of bubbles!
- The Body Shop Papaya Shower Gel – This smells delicious! I was quite gutted when this ran out as it made my whole bathroom smell lovely when ever I used it! (I haven’t linked this because I cant find this scent but they have loads more to choose from!)
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara – I’m not going to lie but I did feel quite upset when this ran out as it is the best mascara I have ever used but I just can’t justify spending nearly £20 on some mascara! So I am on the hunt to find something just as good but a lot cheaper! If you don’t mind spending more on mascara then I definitely recommend it!
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer – I have re-purchased this god knows how many times and will continue to re-purchase as it is such a good concealer. I do want to try the Maybelline eraser Eye Concealer though as keep seeing it everywhere!
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water – This is my 3rd bottle and I am so glad I tried this. It takes my makeup off without fail and just makes my face feel so fresh afterwards.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Blush – This was the first dry shampoo that I tried. It worked and I liked it but it has quite a strong scent and it is all I could smell during the day so thats when I decided to try the tropical one.
So that is everything that I have used up recently. I hope you enjoyed this post!
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! I hope you are okay and had a good start to the week! Is it bad that I am already wishing for the weekend – I was super busy this weekend so I am in need of some lie ins ;)! So today I am going to share with you some of my favourite drugstore products! I love going into Superdrug and Boots when I have a bit of money to spend and searching for some good deals and coming home with a bag full rather than just coming home with one product that cost the same price!
A few of these products I have been buying for years but I just love them so much I always need to have them in my makeup bag! So lets crack on –
- Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Foundation (Light Beige) – I have done a full post on this *here* so I wont ramble on but I love this for days when my skin isn’t looking too bad and I want a natural finish.
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (Ivory) – I use this everyday. I love it. It is my fave concealer – enough said!
- Soap & Glory Supercat Liquid Eyeliner – I also use this everyday because it is so easy to apply. It looks just like a felt tip pen and you can do a thin line for everyday or a thicker line to make it more dramatic!
- Rimmel Lip Liner (East End Snob) – This is my fave eyeliner ever! So cheap, perfect for everyday and again easy to apply! You also don’t have to mess about with sharpening it because you just twist the top to get more product.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow (Pink Gold) – I love these Tattoo eyeshadows because they stay on all day and look amazing! Pink Gold is my fave color so far but I cant wait to add more to my collection.
- Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick (Bashful) – This is a newbie to my collection but I am loving it so far! I am going to do a full post on this soon!
So they are my current drugstore beauty favourites that I use pretty much on a day to day basis! What are your favourite drugstore products?
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you soon 🙂
Hello lovelies! Today I am going to share with you what makeup I always have in my handbag! I always love to know what makeup people cant go anywhere without because if you cant go anywhere with out it then it must be blinkin’ good! So lets get on with it!
First of I keep all my makeup in this little makeup bag. It’s actually a pencil case and I got it from Paperchase about a week ago because I used to just chuck everything in my bag and it would get scratched and ruined so when I saw this I thought it was perfect to keep everything in as its not too big or too small. It also has owls on and who doesn’t like owls – so cute! (I cant find this on their website but I’m sure you will be able to find it in store. They have loads with all different designs on.)
So that is everything that I always like to have with me in my handbag! What product can not go anywhere without?
I hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks for reading!
See you soon.
Imagine you wake up one morning and all your makeup and skincare has disappeared… after the initial shock and very justified fit of rage, which 16 products would you buy immediately?
I have been tagged by the lovely Anne from Doves and Roses to do the ‘Starting Over Tag’. If you haven’t checked out her blog yet then I suggest you head on over there because she is super lovely and her posts are always great reads! I am super excited to do this tag because I think it is quite different. I have never seen one like this anyway! I am just going to stick to makeup products because there are so many that I couldn’t live without .So lets get started!
- Soap and Glory Supercat Liquid Eyeliner
- Rimmel Wake me up Concealer – Ivory
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
- Zoeva 102 Silk Finish Brush
- Zoeva 227 Luxe Soft Definer Brush
- Zoeva 106 Powder Brush
- Zoeva 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick – Pink Quartz
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush – First Love
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – Transparent
- Zoeva Naturally Yours Palette
- Benefit Hervana Blush
- Maybelline Super Stay 24 Foundation
- Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick – Nude Kate
So they are all the beauty products that I would race to the shops to buy if all my makeup ever went missing! The thought scares me ;). I am going to tag anyone who reads this because this was so much fun to do and I think everyone should do it :).
Let me know in the comments one product that you would race out to buy if it ever went missing!
See you soon!