Hey guys! So I thought I would do a review on a new eyeshadow palette today as I want to use it in a post that I have planned but felt that I needed to review it first. I received this cute little palette in the February Birchbox, which was my first ever Birchbox and I am so pleased with it. I have done a post on my thoughts of the February Birchbox here! Now back to the eyeshadow palette! As the title says this is the Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio in the shade Champagne Mocha and these shades are right up my street!
The packaging is pretty basic but very sturdy, so sturdy that I actually struggle to get into it without breaking a nail but hopefully that will wear down over time. It’s not a major issue and maybe I just got a dodgy one but that is the only thing that I see as a ‘bad thing’ so lets get onto the good things! I think the name of this palette ‘Champagne Mocha’ is perfect as the 3 shades definitely resemble both of those things. Since receiving this palette I have used it a lot, its so wearable and great for everyday. All 3 of the eyeshadows are shimmery and the darkest shade has little specs of glitter in which is super pretty! The eyeshadows last pretty much all day and that’s without a primer so I am really impressed. This is one of those palettes that is super easy to use and only takes a couple of minutes to achieve a smokey eye look that looks like you’ve spent half an hour perfecting.
I am really impressed with the quality of this palette and when I have used up this mini version I am definitely going to buy a full size palette as they are only £15.50 and you get 10 eyeshadows. They have 3 to choose from and I think I would probably go for ‘Naturally Bare’ which is super pretty! Let me know in the comments if you have ever tried this brand before, I had never heard of them before receiving my Birchbox.
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you soon
Hey guys! It’s that time of the month again where I tell you the one product that I have fallen in love with! I have been loving so many products this month so it was quite a tough decision, but I think it has definitely got to be the Urban Decay Alice Through the Looking Glass Palette for obvious reasons… just look at it <3!
I have done a full post on this HERE, along with an Everyday Makeup look HERE. So if you want to see a lot more detail on this palette, check out those posts. I will just say though, if you are thinking of getting this palette then I highly recommend it. There are so many everyday wearable shades and then, of course, the super bright shades that look really scary but I have seen so many people create looks with them and yes some are very ‘out there’ but others could be worn every day or at least on a weekend! I am definitely going to do a look using some of them.
So I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know what your favourites have been this month!
See you soon!
Hey guys! I hope you are well. As promised in my review of the Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Palette here is the ‘Everyday Makeup’ look that I have created. There are so many looks that I do with this palette everyday but this one is super simple and perfect for work as it isn’t too heavy.
So for the eyes I used:
- Chessboard – I used this in the crease and then on the lower lash line about half way across.
- Looking Glass – I used this allover the lid but mainly concentrating on the first half of the lid. I then went back in with Chessboard in the crease just to define it even more.
- Lily – Finally I used this gorgeous pearlescent shimmery shade on the inner corner and a light dusting over the Looking Glass shade.
You are now done and have a super pretty but simple makeup look that literally takes no time at all!
For the rest of my makeup I used:
- Makeup Revolution Ultra Base Palette
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – Ecru
- Maybelline The Eraser Eye Concealer – Light
- Rimmel Transparent Powder
- Kiko Smart Eyeliner Pencil on my tightline
- L’Oreal Super Liner
- Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara and Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara (I don’t usually use two but they are both running out)
- Ciate Olivia Palermo Cheek Bone Cheat Duo for both bronzer and blush – Bluff Point
- Maybelline Mastershape Brow Pencil – Dark Blonde
- A tiny bit of the Highlighter from the Sleek Contouring & Blush Palette
- Tanya Burr Lipgloss – Chic
I hope you enjoyed this post! I love doing Makeup Looks and I am definitely going to do a more adventurous, colourful makeup look using some of the brighter shades in the Alice in Wonderland Palette!
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! I hope you are having a fab week. So you may have heard that Urban Decay have brought out a new, limited edition, eyeshadow palette that’s inspired by Alice in Wonderland and the new movie Alice Through the Looking Glass.. If you haven’t heard about this then where have you beeeen! I feel very lucky to have this palette as my boyfriend is the absolute best and surprised me with it last weekend, I was not expecting it at all! I wanted to buy it myself but because I’m trying to save my pennies I kept putting it off and trying not to look at all the amazing pictures of it! So as I mentioned I feel super lucky to have this and have decided to do a little post about it!
As you can see the outer packaging is absolutely amazing and super colourful! It really does look like something out of ‘Wonderland’ with the bright colours and the craziness of it all! When you open up the lid you have a mirror with the quote ‘We’re all mad here’ on and the two black doors open up to reveal a pop up 3D butterfly which is so pretty. If you move the doors then the wings move! It is so over the top for an eyeshadow palette but I absolutely love it! It makes it so much more special and worth spending a bit more money on as you can really tell how much thought and effort has gone into the design of this palette. I also love all the different quotes that are dotted around the palette!
Now onto the eyeshadows! You get 20 gorgeous eyeshadows all of which are super pigmented. There are a mixture of matte shades, shimmery shades and then shades that have glitter bits in them. They are all in columns that relate to the characters in the film. So from left to right we have Alice, Mad Hatter, Miriana, Iracebeth and Time. I love the fact that it has a mixture of nude and super bright shades as well. I always go for the same nude eyeshadows but this palette is already making me want to experiment with colour and create some bright, crazy looks! It is the perfect palette to take away with you as you literally have everything you could need including a double ended brush that isn’t actually that bad!
I have, of course, used this palette everyday since getting it as there are so many shades that are great for everyday use and they have stayed put all day with no creasing. They blend together really well and because they are so pigmented only a little amount is needed on the brush. I haven’t used every single shade on my eyes yet but I have swatched them all and some are more pigmented than others but that is always going to be the case when you have a mixture of matte and shimmery shades etc.
Alice and Mad Hatter
Miriana and Iracebeth
I absolutely adore this palette and 100% recommend it. Let me know if you have managed to get your hands on this palette yet and if so what are your thoughts? I am thinking of doing a bright makeup look rather soon so if you would like to see that let me know in the comments!
I hope you all have a lovely weekend! See you soon.
Hello lovelies! I hope you are well and had a good long weekend! About a month ago I went to London with my boyfriend for a mini break and stumbled across a shop called 3INA in Covent Garden (You can find my London Haul post HERE). I was drawn in straight away as it’s quite a bright shop and all the makeup was set out perfectly with nothing out of place. It’s very much like Kiko with the way it’s set out and the price of the products but at the time I was going in, Kiko was full of people so you could barely move whereas I basically had the 3INA store to myself – it was great! I was so spoilt for choice, I actually got a bit overwhelmed by it all and came out with one thing which is what this post is all about.
As you can see by the title I purchased yet another eye product but I couldn’t help myself! I got a Pencil Eyeshadow in the shade 106 which is a sort of dusky pink/bronze shade. It’s got a slight shimmer to it but nothing too ‘in your face’. It’s the perfect eye product for everyday as its so easy to use, just swipe some over your lid blend it in with your finger and you’re good to go. It stays put all day so it’s especially good for work as you don’t need to worry about it coming off or creasing. I actually like to use this as an eyeshadow base as well. I use it with my more pinky eyeshadows and it looks so pretty.
You can get this eyeshadow pencil for £6.95 which is reasonable as it is a very good product and does stay put all day, the only thing I don’t like is the fact that once the product has been used you can’t twist the pencil bit to get more product, once its gone its gone and mine is already getting quite low. Other than that I absolutely love it and will probably re-purchase once mine has completely run out. You can’t buy online at the moment, which I didn’t realise up until now but they are working on it.
Let me know if you have tried anything from 3INA before as I really want to try some more products. I love finding new, affordable brands to try :).
I hope you enjoyed this post.
See you soon.
Hey guys! I am back today with my favourite every day makeup look. I know I’ve been away for a while but its been one of those months where life takes over and before you know it you haven’t blogged in a month! So as I have just mentioned, this post is my favourite every day makeup look at the moment. I wear this pretty much every day, its so easy and I absolutely love using my new Zoeva En Taupe Eyeshadow Palette so this post is a makeup up look/review of the Zoeva Palette all in one!
The Makeup I Used
So that is everything I used to create this makeup look but the highlight for me is definitely the gorgeous Zoeva En Taupe eyeshadow palette. I got this when I went to London last month and I have used it pretty much every day since. The shades are all so easy to wear and great for every day but also if you wanted a more heavy look then the shades towards the right of the palette can create that for you. You get 4 matte shades and 6 shimmery shades. They stay put all day with no creasing and there is no fallout with the shimmer shades! They are all highly pigmented so a little goes a long way and they are easy to blend together.
Overall I absolutely love this palette and the look above it definitely one of my faves but there will be some more looks to come as I have a few that I’ve already done and some that I will be trying out soon.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you’ve tried any of these products! See you soon ❤
Hey guys! I hope you are well and having a brilliant Easter weekend! I mentioned in my previous post that I was going to London for a few days with my boyfriend. I went on Monday and came back Wednesday evening, I had the best time and my opinion of London has slightly changed. I’m not a massive fan of London for many different reasons but I thoroughly enjoyed myself this time. We did the usual seeing the sights, which we have done before, but it is nice to see them again and we also discovered new places that we had never been to before like Soho, Hyde Park, Mayfair and a few more. We stayed at The Cavendish Hotel which is absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend it. It is located in Mayfair so everything is within walking distance including all of the main shopping places which was brilliant for me but not so brilliant for my boyfriend or my bank balance! But it would have been rude not to spend a little…
I’ll get started with the clothing –
- Bien Bleu Biker Jacket from The Sting – So I ended up buying two jackets but I couldn’t resist. The first jacket on the left is a faux leather jacket in Navy. This was on sale so I got it for £35 and I absolutely love it. It’s so comfy and super easy to wear and the ‘leather’ is really soft.
- Navy Cotton Trench Coat from Zara – I had been looking for the ‘perfect’ trench coat for ages but couldn’t seem to find one as they were either too long or a weird material. As soon as I saw this in Zara I knew it was the perfect coat. I got the Navy one but you can get it in two other colours as well, I just have a thing for Navy at the moment. It is super comfy and I can’t wait to do some OOTD’s wearing this.
- Tortoiseshell-Patterned Sunglasses from H&M – I didn’t intend on buying these but I left mine in the hotel on the first day and it was really sunny so I nipped into H&M just to get some to keep me going but I really like these and they are now my fave pair of sunnies. For £6.99 you really can’t go wrong!
Now onto Beauty –
- Zoeva En Taupe Palette from Selfridges – I was so happy when I received the email saying that Selfridges Oxford Street are now selling Zoeva. I headed straight there and after swatching every eyeshadow I finally decided on getting this palette and to make it even better my boyfriend said he would buy it for me – he’s a good’un!
- 3INA The Pencil Eyeshadow from 3INA – I had never heard of this brand before but saw them just near the Kiko store in Covent Garden. The lay out and everything is very similar to Kiko and the prices are about the same too so I thought I would try something and decided to pick up this Eye Pencil in the shade 106. It’s like a Pinky-Taupe shade.
- L’Oreal Infallible 24Hr Matte Foundation from Boots – So I didn’t buy this in London, I bought it the day after but just decided to include it anyway. My foundation is running out and I have heard good things about this one, plus it’s matte so it sounds like my kind of foundation. I will report back my thoughts when I have tried it.
- Makeup Revolution Ultra Base Corrector Palette from Superdrug – I have been wanting to try this for a while now but it was always out of stock. I finally got my hands on it just before I went to London. I have used it a few times but will ket you know my thoughts when I have tried it properly.
Before I get onto the Lush products I just want to say how amazing the Lush store is on Oxford Street. I had heard it was really good but nothing could prepare me for how amazing it really is. If you haven’t been to that store then I highly recommend going! I was in my element! I haven’t tried any of these products yet so I’m just going to list them – they all smell amazing!
The final item I bought was from Harrods. I had never been to Harrods before and was expecting big things and once again it exceeded them and I was amazed. We were in there for about 2 hours and we only did the first two floors! I mainly wanted to go to the Harry Potter section as my boyfriend had told me how amazing it was and he was not wrong. I was very good and only bought one thing which was the Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit. I love board games and have wanted this for a while.
So that is it for my London Haul. I had such a good time and can’t believe it’s over already. If you have tried any of the above products then let me know your thoughts. I hope you have a wonderful Easter.
See you soon.