‘Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind’ that is the quote that’s on the front of the September Birchbox and I love it! This months box is a collaboration with Oliver Bonas which is definitely one of my all time favourite shops, mainly for their home decor pieces! As soon as I found out that they were collaborating with Oliver Bonas I was instantly excited and knew it would be a good one! One thing I like about Birchbox is some months you can choose the design of your box and this month you got two choices so I went for this one. I think its super fun, bright and the print is perfect for this collaboration. When you get into the box the products are also super bright and I’m really looking forward to trying these out. As usual there are 5 products two of which are full size and the rest sample size.
- Manna Kadar 3 in 1 Blush, Highlight, Eyeshadow (Full Size) – This is super pretty and I have already used it as an eyeshadow. This is one of the full size products and its in the shade Fantasy.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle – I’m never usually bothered about hair products, I don’t know why but they just never excite me. However, when I realised that this is a leave in conditioner I was quite intrigued. I haven’t tried it yet but one thing I can say is that it smells so nice!
- Dr PawPaw Original Clear Balm (Full Size) – This is another multi-use product and can be used for the lips, skin, cuticles and beauty finishing. First impressions of this are, it feels like velvet when on the skin so thats a plus from me. I still need to try it properly though but I feel like this will be a good product to have now that its getting into the Autumn/Winter seasons.
- Arrow Boost Colour Enhancing Lip Balm – The packaging on this is super fun, I love it! I’ve never tried a product like this before as when you apply it, it changes colour to suit your skin tone which is really interesting. It also smells really fresh.
- Polaar IcyMagic Instant Eye Contour Energiser – I think this is my favourite product in this months box. I love skin care, especially when its eye related because I am always on the hunt for new eye creams etc. This is a cooling eye roll on to soothe tired eyes, which is my eyes all the time!! Hopefully this can work its magic and sort out my eyes!!
So thats everything in the September Birchbox. I did also ‘upgrade’ my box for a little extra cost and got an Oliver Bonas candle but completely forgot to include it in the photos.. silly me! They also included some super cute stickers and a 15% off code to use on the OB website so I will definitely be using that!! If you received this Birchbox let me know which product you were most excited about. See you soon!
Painting my nails is one of those tasks that when I think about it I find it such a chore but then when I actually start I find it very therapeutic. I was painting my nails recently and discovered a super pretty combo using the Ciate Paint Pot in the shade Ice Frappe and a Kiko Glitter Metals Polish in the shade 002. I like this combo so much that I have decided to do this for my holiday rather than getting them done in a salon. Plus I’m saving money this way – bonus!I always apply a clear base coat before painting my nails and I just use one from Barry M then I go ahead and put the colour on. I actually got the Ciate nail polish in a magazine and it is probably one of my favourite nail polishes that I own. So after the clear basecoat I apply two coats of Ice Frappe. Once that has dried I put on a thin coat of the Kiko Glitter Metals on my ring finger and it just finishes it off nicely. Depending what colour you apply the Kiko polish over it can look different each time but this has got to be my favourite so far. Once they have all dried I then apply a topcoat which is the same Barry M clear polish as it’s a topcoat and a basecoat.I absolutely love this combination and will definitely be wearing it for a long time! With the base and topcoat it usually lasts about a week before it starts to chip but I am pretty happy with that. Usually my nail polish only lasts about 1 or 2 days which is so annoying because who’s got time to be re-doing your nails every other day… not me!I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know your favourite nail polish’s at the moment, I feel I need to have a clear out and buy some nice new fresh colours! So any recommendations are welcome.
It’s that time of month again where we all share our favourite products. These posts are some of my favourite posts to read and also to write. I usually only do a ‘product of the month’ but I have way to many favourites to choose from this month, so I have decided to go back to sharing all of my faves from the month and if there is a stand out product then I will let you know on Instagram/Twitter or something. Let me know your favourite products this month and if you would like to know mine then please keep reading..
August Beauty Favourites
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – Every time I use this I ask myself ‘why didn’t I buy you sooner?!’ Absolutely love this product and can see this lasting me ages so it’s well worth the investment!!
- NYX Studio Perfect Clear Primer – This is the first product I have tried from NYX and its ace! It feels like velvet when you apply it to your face and my makeup stays put all day!
- Topshop Glow Stick Play Up – I bought this on a whim as I couldn’t decide which highlight to get and the shop was closing in like 2 minutes but I definitely made the right decision! Looks so pretty for everyday use as it’s not too ‘in your face’.
- Kiko Glitter Metal Nail Lacquer 148 – One of the prettiest nail polishes I own. I use this as a top coat to a plain colour and it looks gorgeous! (I can’t find this on the UK site so linked the American one so you can see the shade etc. I bought this in store)
August Accessory Favourites
- Angel Wing Earrings – I got these for my birthday this year from my lovely cousin so I’m not too sure where they are from but they are so pretty. I have been looking for a pair of earrings like this for a while but had no luck so I was very pleased when I opened these on my birthday.
- Olivia Burton Blue & Rose Gold Watch – I have had this watch for a while now but only kept it for special occasions but realised I wasn’t getting as much wear out of it as I would like. So I have been wearing it for pretty much the whole of August and really enjoying wearing it again. Olivia Burton watches are definitely some of the prettiest I have ever seen!!
So that rounds up my August favourites. Don’t forget to let me know what you have been loving this month and feel free to leave me links to your posts as I would love to read them.
Hey guys, hope you are well and had a good weekend! Apparently its March, not quite sure how that happened so fast but it did and here I am doing a product of the month for February! So this month and the past few months I have been loving The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter! As with all skincare products I have been using it for a few months just to make sure that it doesn’t irritate my skin and cause breakouts and I can safely say that it hasn’t!
This cleansing butter is such a dream to use and literally feels like butter, just not as greasy! It is so soft and gentle on the skin and really does remove every last bit of makeup. After using this my skin feels so clean I never feel like I have to go back in with more product and re-cleanse. This cleanser is also perfect for sensitive skin so if you are on the hunt for a new cleanser I would 100% recommend this one. It says on The Body Shops website that it removes all types of makeup, it removes my mascara and liquid eyeliner no issues but I don’t wear waterproof mascara so I can’t comment on that but considering how easy it removes mine, I don’t think there would be any issues. If you have tried this on waterproof mascara please feel free to let me know how it performs.
You get 90ml of product for £10.00 which isn’t too bad as a lot of other cleansers I’ve used have had the same amount of product in but they are more expensive. Overall, I really like this cleanser, it does exactly what it says on the tin, its great for sensitive skin and it lasts a fair while too! I have actually just re-purchased this as well as I am running low, that is another reason why this lovely cleanser is my February product of the month. Let me know in the comments if you have used this before and what your thought are..
I hope you enjoyed this post. See you soon!
Hey guys! It’s Product of the Month time and I haven’t done one of these in quite a while so I’m quite excited for this, plus its the first one of 2017! I decided to change up my ‘Product of the Month’ logo/picture thing because I was feeling like it needed a change. It’s nothing special but I am quite pleased with it :). If you want to know what the one product is that I’ve been loving in January, then just keep reading..
It is of course the Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette in the shade Naked. This isn’t new to my collection as I’ve had it for a while but I re-organised my makeup drawers so that I can see everything and I have just been reaching for this pretty much every day since. I just love it and as you can see the bronzer gets a lot of use! I like everything about this palette from the packaging, as its nice and sturdy, to the actual products as they are just a dream to use and perfect for my skin tone.
This whole palette is good for natural makeup and also if you want to glam things up a bit. The bronzer can be built up but if you want to go for a natural, everyday look then all you need is a few taps of this on your brush and you’re good to go. All 3 sections are very pigmented but the blush especially so you only need a light dusting of this which is why it looks like I haven’t even touched it! Finally the highlight, which is absolutely stunning! This again can be used for everyday, which I sometimes do if I’m feeling fancy! It can also be used as a killer highlight for a night out and looks gorgeous!
I just love how easy this palette is to use and it’s a perfect choice if you are going away and have limited space. If you haven’t tried it then I recommend giving it a go as they do have different shades to choose from.
What has your favourite product been this month? Let me know 🙂
See you soon!
Hey guys! I was looking through my makeup collection last weekend because I fancied using something different to what I use everyday for work and I came across a few old faves and I have now been using them pretty much every day! I love having a good old rummage and finding products that you love but haven’t used in a while because it makes you feel like you’ve got new makeup!
First up is the Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette. I think this is a staple in most beauty bloggers collection and when I first got it I used it non-stop but then somehow it got pushed to the back of my drawer. However, I have loved using it again and used it every day for work last week. The eyeshadows are so pigmented and easy to wear. I think I might do a makeup look soon using this palette because its just gorgeous!
Next is the single eyeshadow from MAC, its one of their Electric Cool Eyeshadows in the shade Superwatt. I think this may have been one of my very first MAC purchases and although it looks like I have barely used it I can assure you this has been used ALOT but a little goes a long way. This is so easy to wear and looks really nice on its own or with the shade Sin from the Naked palette over the top for a touch of shimmer. This eyeshadow also lasts all day with no creasing.
Now onto a bit of blusher with the Kiko Colour Veil Blush in the shade 03. This is such a pretty shade for lighter skin tones and helps you achieve that healthy glow look that we all want. Again, this looks like I’ve barely used it but a little goes a long way because its really pigmented. It also smells amazing!
Finally we have another Urban Decay product and that is the Naked Flushed Palette with the bronzer, highlight and blush. This is such a good palette for every day use as all the shades are quite light and natural. I have hit pan on the bronzer which is quite sad as I never want it to run out! If you are looking for a palette like this with the 3 products in one then I highly recommend this, they stay on all day and the palette its self is quite a sturdy palette so it’s really good for travelling.
I love re-discovering old makeup favourites! Have you re-discovered anything in your collection recently?
I hope you enjoyed this post.
See you soon!
Hey guys! It’s that time of the month again where I tell you the one product that I have fallen in love with! I have been loving so many products this month so it was quite a tough decision, but I think it has definitely got to be the Urban Decay Alice Through the Looking Glass Palette for obvious reasons… just look at it <3!
I have done a full post on this HERE, along with an Everyday Makeup look HERE. So if you want to see a lot more detail on this palette, check out those posts. I will just say though, if you are thinking of getting this palette then I highly recommend it. There are so many everyday wearable shades and then, of course, the super bright shades that look really scary but I have seen so many people create looks with them and yes some are very ‘out there’ but others could be worn every day or at least on a weekend! I am definitely going to do a look using some of them.
So I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know what your favourites have been this month!
See you soon!