Happy Wednesday! We are half way through the week and so close to the weekend! I hope you are having a good one. This is my last week at work before I go on holiday and I can’t wait. We are going to Fuerteventura for a week, it was a very last minute trip but it is much needed. Because of this I’ve been on a bit of an ‘un-official’ spending ban just to try and save some money but a few things always seem to sneak through so I thought I would share those few sneaky purchases with you on my blog..
I was out shopping on Sunday with my friend and fellow blogger Katie when she mentioned this new L’Oreal shampoo, the L’Oreal Elvive Dream Lengths Restoring Shampoo. As soon as she mentioned it I knew I had to try it as I have quite long hair and struggle to keep the ends in good condition. Whilst looking at this I also noticed the Dream Lengths Hair Mask. I have never tried a hair mask before but liked the sound of this one as you apply it to the lengths in the shower and then wash it out. By the time this has gone up I will only have used these once but I definitely intend to do a full review when I have used them quite a few times. This range was also on 3 for £10 which is a bargain as the shampoo is £4.99 and the mask is £5.10 so I saved a fiver!! On that same shopping trip I bought my usual concealer, the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade Fair 1 because I love this stuff – you can see a full review here.
As you may or may not know I moved into a new flat in January so I have been buying a few things for the flat and one of my favourite things has got to be my new cushion covers from H&M Home. They are such good quality and so affordable! I went for the Dusky Pink Jacquard Weave, the Old Rose Cotton Canvas and the Old Rose Patterned cushion covers and think they look super pretty on my sofa! The next purchase, which is also for my living room, is my new rug from Ikea. I went for the Adum rug in the Light Brown-Pink colour and although it was only £40 I am so impressed with the quality and with how it looks (it looks different colours in different lights but its basically a dusky pink).
So they are my recent purchases over the last couple of months. What have you been buying recently?
I hope you enjoyed this post! Speak soon.
‘Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind’ that is the quote that’s on the front of the September Birchbox and I love it! This months box is a collaboration with Oliver Bonas which is definitely one of my all time favourite shops, mainly for their home decor pieces! As soon as I found out that they were collaborating with Oliver Bonas I was instantly excited and knew it would be a good one! One thing I like about Birchbox is some months you can choose the design of your box and this month you got two choices so I went for this one. I think its super fun, bright and the print is perfect for this collaboration. When you get into the box the products are also super bright and I’m really looking forward to trying these out. As usual there are 5 products two of which are full size and the rest sample size.
- Manna Kadar 3 in 1 Blush, Highlight, Eyeshadow (Full Size) – This is super pretty and I have already used it as an eyeshadow. This is one of the full size products and its in the shade Fantasy.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle – I’m never usually bothered about hair products, I don’t know why but they just never excite me. However, when I realised that this is a leave in conditioner I was quite intrigued. I haven’t tried it yet but one thing I can say is that it smells so nice!
- Dr PawPaw Original Clear Balm (Full Size) – This is another multi-use product and can be used for the lips, skin, cuticles and beauty finishing. First impressions of this are, it feels like velvet when on the skin so thats a plus from me. I still need to try it properly though but I feel like this will be a good product to have now that its getting into the Autumn/Winter seasons.
- Arrow Boost Colour Enhancing Lip Balm – The packaging on this is super fun, I love it! I’ve never tried a product like this before as when you apply it, it changes colour to suit your skin tone which is really interesting. It also smells really fresh.
- Polaar IcyMagic Instant Eye Contour Energiser – I think this is my favourite product in this months box. I love skin care, especially when its eye related because I am always on the hunt for new eye creams etc. This is a cooling eye roll on to soothe tired eyes, which is my eyes all the time!! Hopefully this can work its magic and sort out my eyes!!
So thats everything in the September Birchbox. I did also ‘upgrade’ my box for a little extra cost and got an Oliver Bonas candle but completely forgot to include it in the photos.. silly me! They also included some super cute stickers and a 15% off code to use on the OB website so I will definitely be using that!! If you received this Birchbox let me know which product you were most excited about. See you soon!
Hey guys! Hope you are well. I always see beauty subscription boxes all over Instagram, Twitter and other blogs and I have always wondered if they are worth it, but when I saw that Birchbox were offering a full size Spectrum brush in every box I knew I had to get myself one! If you haven’t heard of Birchbox then its basically a monthly beauty subscription box where you get to try sample sized, sometimes full size, beauty, skincare or haircare products for only £10 a month.
So because this was my first box I got a free gift which is super nice! I got a full size Smith & Cult Lip Lacquer which is worth £21! You also got to choose from two designs on the box as they collaborated with Papier so I chose this gorgeous leaf print. Now lets get onto the exciting part where I tell you what I actually got inside the box…
- Beaver Professional Daily Moisture Conditioning Spray (I have used this a couple of times already and I’m very impressed)
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Basically this is a multi-purpose oil for the face, body and hair)
- Spectrum C06 Eyeshadow Brush
- Smith & Cult The Shining Lip Lacquer
- Pop Beauty Eyeshadow Trio in the shade Champagne Mocha
- Keeome Hydration Therapy Mask
So all of the above are sample size apart from the Spectrum brush and the Lip Lacquer. Although they are samples they are still pretty big and I think you get a lot of product. I am really impressed with my first Birchbox and the good thing is you can cancel the subscription at any time so there are no commitments! If you want more information on Birchbox then head on over to their website here. I am going to do full reviews on the products that I received because I will definitely be using them all. I now can’t wait for March’s box!
Let me know in the comments if you have tried this subscription box or any others and what you think of them.
I hope you enjoyed this post. See you soon!
Hey lovelies! Happy Halloween! I hope you had a fab weekend. I have decided to do a post on some of the products that I have used up as the drawer where I keep them was getting a bit full! I am also going to let you know whether I would re-purchase them so if you’re interested in hearing a bit more about these products then keep reading! 🙂
Millefiori Velvet Candle – So before using this I had never tried Millefiori before but my best friends mum sells them in her shop and she very kindly gave this one to me for my birthday. The scent is called Velvet which to me smells quite floral but not super sweet floral. The website says – ‘A floral bouquet embracing and velvety, with fruity accents, wood and musk.’ I did really enjoy burning this candle as every now and then you would get the scent. In terms of purchasing again I would probably go for a reed diffuser instead as I find that they make the room smell nicer for longer but if you are more into candles then they are lovely candles and Velvet smells beautiful!
Treacle Moon One Ginger Morning Shower Gel – My partners parents bought this for me at Christmas purely because I am ginger and the name obviously says ‘One Ginger Morning’ which they thought was hilarious! I am really glad they got it though as it smells amazing and as soon as I can find it at my local Tesco’s I will re-purchase. It’s definitely a good shower gel for the morning as the name suggests because its such a sweet citrus scent it will wake you up and make you feel super fresh!
Dove Anti-Perspirant Pomegranate & Lemon – I love this spray so I had to include it. It smells so lovely but when you’ve sprayed it you can’t smell it all day which is what I like, obviously it makes you smell nice and keeps you fresh, but it’s not overpowering to the point where I can smell it when I’m sat at my desk at work. I have already re-purchased and have the roll on deodorant to go with it!
Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil Dark Blonde – This is the first brow pencil I’ve found that’s light enough for my super blonde eyebrows! I really like the fact that it can be built up or kept very minimal. The only thing I don’t like is that the pencil is very delicate and when sharpening it has broken off a few times. However, I have re-purchased as I am still to find one that’s light enough. If you can recommend one then please let me know :).
L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo – This shampoo is so good! It is especially for oily roots and dry end which is exactly my hair! I have been using this for ages now and it hasn’t changed how it makes my hair look as usually after time some shampoos make my hair get greasy quicker than usual but that hasn’t happened so far. It smells lovely, the colour of the packaging is so pretty and I have re-purchased and will continue to!
So thats it for this post, I hope you enjoyed it!
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! I hope you are well and had a good bank holiday weekend! Over the last couple of weeks I have picked up a few new items so thought I would do a haul… because why not ;)!
First up I was walking around Richmond which is a super cute town just near where my boyfriend lives and they have a lovely little shop there called Lemon. They sell clothes, shoes, handbags and jewellery, I saw this pretty little bracelet and knew I had to have it. I love the fact that it is rose gold, who doesn’t love rose gold, and also the little heart and peace signs. It was £7 which is an absolute bargain!
I have been on the hunt for a new shampoo and conditioner for a while now as my current one just wasn’t doing it for me (I am going to do a blog post on it I think) so when I saw the L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay duo that says for ‘oily roots and dry ends’ I was like hallelujah if this works it will be my perfect shampoo/conditioner! I am still trying it out but will report back in a few weeks! I also ran out of my dry shampoo so decided to stick with the L’Oreal theme and invest in their dry shampoo from the Extraordinary Clay range. It smells soooo nice!
Next up is a firm fave of mine which is the Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream. I have done a blog post about it HERE. I absolutely love this, it just works so well with my skin and keeps is hydrated! Sticking with the makeup/beauty theme I also, finally, decided to get the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I have had a couple of samples and thought it was about time I bought the full size product as I really like it. I got the shade 1N2 Ecru. I’ll be doing a blog post on this very soon!
Now moving onto the final two fashion items! So you may or may not know I LOVE scarves, whether its rain or shine I usually have a scarf on and 9 times out of 10 whatever scarf I am wearing will be from my fave little shop in Ripon called TuttoBello. I went in over the weekend because they had an offer on all scarves where you buy one for £9 and get another one for free. As soon as I saw this offer I knew I had to get myself there and as you can see I got two super pretty scarves that will be perfect for all seasons.
So that is all for my little collective haul. I hope you enjoyed this post! What have been treating yourself too lately?
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! As you can see by the title todays post is all about the products that I have used up. There are quite a few as most of these go back to last year I just didn’t get around to writing this until now. So lets get cracking!
- Colab Dry Shampoo New York – This is a great dry shampoo, I had forgotten how much I like the smell of it so when I run out of my current one I will definitely be picking this up again!
- Clinique All About Eyes – I bought this on a whim as I had tried so many eye creams and none of them were really doing it for me, so I tried this. I enjoyed using it but wouldn’t rush out to get some more as I think there are more affordable alternatives that do the same thing.
- Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion – I got this when I had an eye infection as a colleague recommended it and I absolutely loved it! It really helped sooth my eyes on a morning and night, especially when they were really sore and itchy. It is super soothing when you put it in the fridge over night, pop some on a cotton wool pad in the morning and leave it for about 5 minutes on your eyes – I felt instantly refreshed and awake! I would definitely re-purchase this
- Oriflame True Perfection Serum – I really enjoyed using this product. It was lovely for on a morning before putting on my makeup as it made my skin feel nice and smooth, ready for makeup. The only reason I wouldn’t purchase again is because I found another serum that I prefer.
- Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser Dry/Sensitive – I have just finished this and I am really gutted! I throughly enjoyed using this on a morning as it stopped me getting any dry patches. It doesn’t have a strong smell which is nice as I don’t like anything too overpowering, especially on my face. I will definitely be re-purchasing this!
- The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Reviver – This is for dull skin as it helps to give you a healthy-looking glow and is a good base for makeup. I did enjoy using this as it made my skin feel really smooth afterwards and I also did notice a difference in the brightness of my skin as it wasn’t looking as dull anymore. This needs to go on my shopping list as I will be repurchasing again!
- Lush The Olive Branch Shower Gel – I got this in a gift set for my birthday last year and was really excited as I had never tried it before. When I came to use it I was quite surprised that it was a liquid rather than a gel, even when I shook it really well, so I ended up using it for bubble bath instead as it was better for that. I love Lush but wouldn’t repurchase this again as it just wasn’t for me.
- The Body Shop Instablur Primer – This is my favourite primer ever! I use it everyday and will continue to use it until I find something better, but I don’t think that will happen anytime soon! I have re-purchased this already numerous times!
- Lush Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub – I used this up ages ago and had completely forgotten about it until now! I loved this and used it for both my face and body, more so on my face and it really helped soften my skin and helped with the dry skin I tend to get on my nose. When I have used up my current face scrub I will be repurchasing this again!
- Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Foundation – Love this! I still use it everyday as it is the best foundation I have tried, it’s matte which is what I need in a foundation but it isn’t drying. This is another product that I have re-purchased and will continue to! They have now changed the packaging slightly as it’s a new formula but I don’t think it’s changed drastically and still love it.
So they are the products that I have used up over the last few months. Have you tried any of the above, if so let me know what you think.
I hope you enjoyed this post.
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! How has your week been so far – hopefully a good one!! Todays post is all about Dry Shampoo! I am SO late at discovering dry shampoo because I used to wash my hair everyday – I know, I know that’s super bad for your hair but I couldn’t stand my hair being even slightly greasy and I was never patient enough to wait until my hair got used to not being washed everyday, but ever since discovering Batiste Dry Shampoo I can now leave my hair 2 days with out washing (I do shower everyday though just to clear that up 😉 ).
I tried the pink one first which is something like Cherry Blossom and I liked it but the smell was quite strong and I could smell it during the day and I didn’t like that so I decided to dry the Tropical one which smells like coconut but its not really strong as I don’t like coconut but this I love! I have already gone through about 2 or 3 of these so I decided to buy the huge bottle instead of going to the shops all the time. I can’t even tell you how much I love this stuff! It is so much easier on a morning not having to wash and dry my hair everyday! I can notice the difference when I do wash it because it just feels so smooth and it looks healthy too!
I am pretty sure you all know how to use this but if not you just shake the bottle well, spray it into your roots and then massage it all in making sure that there are no white streaks left and voila you are good to go! I have only ever tried the Batiste Dry Shampoo’s so if anyone can recommend any other good ones then please let me know because I want to start trying new ones too just to mix it up a little ;).
Over all I absolutely love this stuff and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good Dry Shampoo as it smells nice, doesn’t leave white streaks and it actually works!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Thank you so much for reading!