Hey guys! I hope you are well and having a fab weekend! I have been busy packing as I am going to Amsterdam tomorrow and I am super excited! I’ve never been before and already have a long list of things I would like to do and see whilst I’m there. Let me know if you have been before and if there is anywhere or any food places that you would recommend. So lets get onto todays post and I thought that I would do a product empties as I have accumulated quite a few things and want to share my thoughts on the products and whether I would re-purchase them.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – I love this foundation! Until a better one comes along I will use this everyday! It is on the more pricy side but I think its worth it, plus if you live near a designer outlet its £21 rather than £31! I have re-purchased this as I love it!
Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic – I have had this bottle for ages! I thought it was never going to run out, which is a good thing! This is the first product that I use on a morning, it freshens my skin and helps prepare it before applying makeup. I really enjoy using this product and although I haven’t yet re-purchased it, I definitely intend to. Also, little tip with this, I buy the full size bottle but when I first decided to try it I bought the mini spray bottle and I just pour the toner from the big bottle into the spray one as I find it much easier and quicker on a morning!
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream – This is the second product that I use on a morning and I love it! It’s such a light moisturiser which is why its a good base for makeup. It keeps my skin moisturised and because its part of the Aloe range it is really gentle on the skin. I have re-purchased this and will continue to.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream – The packaging has slightly changed on this now but it is still the same moisturiser. This is a much more thicker moisturiser but it sinks in beautifully and really helps put back any moisture thats lost through out the day into my face and leave it feeling really soft. I have also re-purchased this as I love using it on an evening before bed.
The Body Shop Instablur All In One Primer – I promise this isn’t sponsored by The Body Shop, I just love their products! I have used this primer for a long time now. It’s the third step in my morning skin care routine and it just finishes off my base perfectly. It blur out my pores and helps keep my makeup in one place. I have, of course, re-purchased this as it is the best primer I have found so far!
So thats all of the products that I have used up over the last few months! Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of these products.
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you soon.
Hey guys! As you may know I love to read and I was very lucky this Christmas and got a couple of books which was good timing as I had finished my last ‘new’ book just before Christmas. So the 3 books that I will be reading next are Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, From Notting Hill to New York Actually by Ali McNamara and Alanatomy by Alan Carr.
I’ll start with Gone Girl because I have already started reading this but I’m only a few chapters in. If you are into mystery/thrillers then this may be for you. It’s basically about a couple who have been married for 5 years but on their 5th wedding anniversary the wife goes missing. This is the blurb – ‘Who are you? What have we done to each other? These are the questions Nick Dunne finds himself asking on the morning of his fifth wedding anniversary, when his wife Amy suddenly disappears. The police suspect Nick. Amy’s friends reveal that she was afraid of him, that she kept secrets from him. He swears it isn’t true. A police examination of his computer shows strange searches. He says they weren’t made by him. And then there are the persistent calls on his mobile phone. So what really did happen to Nick’s beautiful wife?’ Dun dun duuuunnnn, sounds SO good and I can’t wait to finish it!
I think the next book I will read, after Gone Girl, is From Notting Hill to New York Actually by Ali McNamara. This is the second book in the Notting Hill series, I have read the first and third already as I didn’t realise they were a 3 part series so I already know what happens at the end but I have missed out on a big chunk of the story so I definitely want to read this! If you are after a feel good, pick me up easy read then I recommend this series! This is the blurb – ‘Scarlett O’Brien, utterly addicted to romantic films, has found her leading man. She’s convinced Sean is Mr Right, but the day-to-day reality of a relationship isn’t quite like the movies. With Sean constantly away on business, Scarlett and her new best friend Oscar decide to head to New York for the holiday of a lifetime. From one famous landmark to the next, Scarlett and Oscar make many new friends during their adventure – including sailors in town for Fleet Week, a famous film star, and Jamie & Max, a TV reporter and cameraman. Scarlett finds herself strangely drawn to Jamie, they appear to have much in common: a love of films and Jamie’s search for a parent he never knew. But Scarlett has to ask herself why she is reacting like this to another man when she’s so in love with Sean.’
Finally onto a bit of a different book by Alan Carr called Alanatomy. I guess this is a bit like an autobiography as its about Alan Carr and his body/life and I wouldn’t usually pick this up but my Dad knows I love Alan Carr so he bought this for me which is super thoughtful and I am very grateful. Having read the blurb I am actually quite intrigued and excited to read this as I really do enjoy watching Alan Carr on the tele as I find him hilarious and I laughed just reading the blurb so I can imagine I will be laughing a lot more when reading this. Check out the blurb – ‘It must seem strange to you that I’ve called a book Alanatomy. For anyone who has taken the time to see my stand-up performances or watched my chat show, ‘Chattyman’, knows that my body has hardly been kind to me – in fact there’ve been times when we’ve actually stopped talking to each other. Balding, myopic, often flaky with psoriasis, back fat that hangs suspended like a cape, a voice that could strip varnish, an increasingly dodgy hip and even dodgier teeth. Why would you draw attention to it? you must ask. Couldn’t you just call the book something else? Do you think the Great British Public is ready to pore over your body? Well, you’d better be the judge of that…’ Let me know if you have read this and what you thought! 🙂
So that is it for this post. Let me know what you are currently reading and if you have any recommendations!
See you soon!
Hey guys! Hope you have had a good week and are now enjoying the weekend! I was very lucky this Christmas and my lovely boyfriend got me a Kate Spade handbag. I got the Cedar Street Maise in the colour Mahogany and it is absolutely beautiful, I feel very lucky! Because I have a new handbag I thought I would do a what’s in my bag as I think I did my last one 2 years ago and some things may have changed. Let me know in the comments one thing you always have in your handbag and before I ramble on any more, lets get into what I think of this handbag and what I have in it..
So I absolutely love this handbag as it is very pretty to look at but it is also the perfect size bag for me. It’s slightly smaller than what I would usually go for but I wanted a smaller bag so that I can’t cram so much rubbish into it which means it doesn’t get heavy as I hate lugging round a heavy handbag! I love how simple this bag is, it makes it easy to wear and will go with pretty much anything and the gold hardware is a nice light gold which goes perfectly with the mahogany colour. I much prefer bags with this crosshatched leather design as just incase it ever gets scratched its less obvious then it would be on a smooth leather bag. You get the choice of straps as well, with the two straps that you can see but there is also a cross body strap that can be clipped on and removed. It’s quite simple inside with the usual zip pocket and then the two slide pockets which I find super useful. Overall, I am in love with this handbag and have used it every day because I can’t stand to leave it behind!
What I always have in my handbag..
- Makeup Bag – I never leave the house without this as you never know when you may need to re-apply!
- House Keys – No-one wants to be locked out plus I love my grey heart keyring (might have to get one the same colour as my bag :D)
- Purse – This purse was an absolute bargain from TK Maxx. Its a Paul Costelloe purse and I’m pretty sure it was supposed to be like £90 but I got it for £20 – bargain!!
- Car Keys – I’m lazy and drive everywhere!
- Hand Cream – My hands get so dry, especially round this time of year and the Body Shop hand creams work wonders. I especially love the Mango one.
- Nivea Lip Balm – An absolute must in Winter and this Nivea one is really good plus when it gets to Summer its got SPF in so your lips are protected all year round!
- Phone – I feel so lost if I ever forget my phone which is really sad but it’s always with me.
- Hand Sanitiser – This always comes in handy, plus its Mango scented and I love everything Mango! The Body Shop scents are always amazing!
So that is everything I have in my handbag. All this fits in perfectly with room to spare so although it’s a smaller handbag it is still quite roomy!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Don’t forget to let me know the one thing you always have in your handbag.
See you soon!
Hey guys! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year! I had the best time with family and friends which is why I haven’t posted in a while but now its back to reality and getting back into blogging which I am looking forward too! So I have decided to share my 2017 goals with you as I am going to really try and make an effort to achieve these goals and tick them off as I go. I got this super pretty notebook and pen set for christmas (both from Paperchase) but I wasn’t sure what to do with it so late last night, when I should have been asleep, I decided to write down everything I wanted to do and achieve this year. Then with the rest I am going to split the pages into a week and just write a couple of lines a day on what I got up to. I know you might be thinking ‘why don’t you just buy a diary?!’ but I fancy being creative and making it my own, plus I get to use this super cute notebook every day!
Onto my goals for 2017!
- Save money – I want to save £1000 by the end of the year. I have set myself a target, that way I have something to work towards rather than just saving money.
- Get better at photography – I want to make my blog photos better and get out to new places to explore and take more photos of landscapes and the places that I visit.
- Travel more – This might make saving money harder but I do want to travel more and 3 places I would like to go are Venice, Iceland and Disneyland Paris (I have already been but it was years ago!)
- Meet new people – I moved to Manchester in August away from all my family and friends so I want to meet new people by joining a class or something and I would also like to meet some fellow bloggers!
- Try new things – I want to do lots of new things this year like new experiences, new food etc.. I feel like I stick to what I know but this year I am all for trying something new!
So they are my goals for 2017! Please share your goals in the comments as I would love to know! I hope you enjoyed this post!
See you soon!
Hey guys! I have decided to start doing some blog posts of my week/weekend depending on what I get up to and if its interesting or not, kind of like a vlog but in a blog! I did one in my ‘I’m Back‘ post and this will be the second one so I hope you enjoy. Please let me know if you like this idea or not :).
So last weekend my partners parents came to visit us for the first time since we moved back to Manchester so instead of just the usual going into the city centre we wanted to do something a bit different. They arrived on Saturday afternoon ish and we went to Chester but parking was a total disaster so we decided to go to Cheshire Oaks which is a really big designer outlet where you can get designer clothes but with a big discount!
We were looking for somewhere to have lunch and decided to get afternoon tea in Patisserie Valerie. It was absolutely delicious and the best part is you can get a hot chocolate instead of tea or coffee! I unfortunately didn’t get to eat any of the cakes as I was way to full after my sandwiches and scones – its surprisingly filling!
On the evening we decided to go to the Trafford Centre for some tea and went to Bills which is definitely my favourite restaurant at the moment. I stupidly didn’t get any pictures of my food as I was too excited but I can recommend the Crumbed Halloumi Sticks for a starter and the Fish Finger Sandwich for a main – absolutely delicious, I could eat there everyday!
On the Sunday we went to a super cute town called Knutsford and when we got there we discovered that the Makers Market was on which is basically a market for independent business to go and sell there products most of which are home made or hand made, which is right up my street as I love stuff like that! The market its self was huge and we spent a good few hours there just browsing all the stalls, trying all the samples of food and wishing I had money to spend on all the amazing unique items for sale. We stopped off for a drink before heading back up the other side of the market. Side note – Piccolinos (below) is one of the best Italian restaurants I’ve been to so when I saw this car parked outside it was like the perfect picture moment!
I did actually buy these two candles at the market as they all smelt amazing plus they are soy wax candles as well. I got Wild Fig & Cassis & Black Orchid. Check out the links for more info on the scent etc!
We also went for a walk around Knutsford, got ice creams as it was a beautiful day and discovered some of my dream flats! After a walk around Knutsford we went to Tatton Park for a wander and they had a Roald Dahl event on hense me sat in the BFG’s chair! I absolutely loved Roald Dahl books as I kid so it brought back good childhood memories! We all had such a good weekend I didn’t want it to end!
So we didn’t go skiing over the weekend but Connor and I have started doing lessons as we both want to go on a skiing holiday. Connor has been before but I haven’t. We are doing lessons at Chill Factore which is just next to the Trafford Centre so it’s really ideal for us! I am enjoying the lessons so far, I have had two and have my last one this week. Hopefully I’ll be a pro skier by the end (probably not)!
I hope you guys had a good weekend and are having a good week. Don’t forget to let me know if you like this idea for my blog and if I should continue doing it.
See you soon!
Hello lovelies, its been a while I know, I hope you are well! I do have a reason for being away for about 3 months and that is because I have moved back to Manchester with my partner! I moved here at the end of 2014 for a year whilst my partner did a placement year then we moved back to North Yorkshire and now we are back in Manchester permanently which is so lovely. I did miss it a lot when I moved back home as there isn’t really much to do, then you come to Manchester and you have trouble deciding what to do, its great! Although I do miss my family and friends a lot! It’s been a long, busy and stressful process trying to find a flat but we found one, we are settled and now it is time to get back into blogging as I have missed it! I thought for this post I would share a few pictures of places I have recently visited in Manchester and then get back into the swing of things properly in my next post.
The first two pictures are of the cutest little town called Knutsford! If you are ever in the Manchester/Cheshire area then I recommend visiting Knutsford, especially if you like cute little unique shops and restaurants! The middle two pictures are in Sale, which is where I live. The first one is a little garden place that you can walk around and explore, very instagrammable! The second is a pub in Sale right by the canal so on warm Summer nights its perfect to go for a drink! The bottom two pictures are random but I went skiing for the first time at Chill Factore which was ace and I am going to continue to have lessons. The last picture is me, obviously, I was on my way to Cheshire Oaks which is a designer outlet that I recommend checking out if you are in the area!
I hope you enjoyed this random post of pictures, I just fancied doing something a bit different and thought this would be quite a cool idea. I always like to see pictures of different places around the world so I thought why not share pictures of my new home, let me know what you think and if you know anywhere in Manchester/Cheshire that is worth visiting let me know! 🙂
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! Today is a bit of a different post but I really wanted to write about it because so many people suffer with Hay Fever and so many more people are starting to suffer with it so I thought why not share my tips on how to try and keep it at bay! I have never suffered with it before until this year which is really weird as so many people have said the same thing! If you don’t suffer with it then you are lucky because it is truly awful! So lets get onto my top tips on how to keep hay fever at bay!
- Take Hay Fever tablets in the morning and keep them in your handbag at all times! – This one might seem like an obvious one but I have had a few people ask me if I have any tablets as they have forgotten to take one! I don’t leave the house with out mine as you never know when you might need one!
- Don’t splash out on the expensive Hay Fever tablets – I didn’t realise just how expensive these tablets were until I had to go and buy some! Some of the proper branded ones are like five to ten pounds which is absolutely ridiculous especially if you are taking them pretty much every day so I just buy supermarkets own and they work just as well for me as the branded ones do!
- Try not to wear as much eye makeup or none at all – This is a hard one as I can’t leave the house without my mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow on but sometimes it’s best to have a couple of days with nothing on to give your eyes a rest! I went into work the other day with no makeup on and I felt so bare but it really helped my eyes.
- Cotton Pads soaked in Milk or Water – On a night when you are going to bed get two cotton pads and soak them in water or milk (milk sounds weird but trust me its so soothing) and place them on your eyes for 10-15 minutes and your eyes will feel so much better afterwards and also when you wake up. It really helps with the redness and also the itchiness! Plus you get to just have a lie down for 10-15 minutes!
- Liz Earle Eye Bright Soothing Eye Lotion – A colleague at work recommended this to me and I absolutely love it! You can use this in so many different ways! You can put it on cotton pads and have a 10 minute rest or you can use it to remove light eye makeup and you can use it through out the day to soothe your eyes. I am going to do a full post on this soon in more detail but it has really helped with my itchy eyes.
- Take tissues, a mirror and makeup with you every where – Tissues is an obvious one but the mirror and makeup are also needed as if you really can’t leave the house with out makeup on you may need to touch up during the day to save mascara and eyeliner running down your face from the watery/itchy eyes!
So they are my top tips for keeping Hay Fever at bay! I’m not saying these will definitely work for you because everyone is different but they worked for me and I am so happy I have found something that works! I hope this has helped you in some way. If you have any tips then please feel free to comment them down below and we can all stick together and help each other out :)!
See you soon!