I do love a good pamper and what pamper evening is complete without a face mask.. This is why I am sharing some of my favourite face masks with you. Don’t forget to share your faves in the comments too – I always like to try new products.
- L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Glow Face Mask – This mask is a good all rounder and one I tend to use when my skin is looking okay but just needs a little pick me up. The main benefits of this face mask are to brighten and exfoliate which is definitely does do.
- Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask – I absolutely love Liz Earle products as you can always trust that they do what it claims. This is the most recent face mask I have tried and its one that I like to use when my skin needs a good sort out. It really helps clear up my skin and gives me that fresh, clean feeling afterwards. Its almost like you can feel it working on the skin which I like and definitely need every now and then.
- Lush Mask of Magnaminty – I have used this for quite a few years now as it was recommended to me to help get rid of spots. Its not as intense as the Liz Earle mask but it still does the trick. It also smells really good!
Once I have washed the face mask off I like to slather my face in a thick moisturiser and for a while now I have been using the Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream. It helps keep my skin moisturised over night and gets rid of dry skin which I suffer from around this time of the year. Now the face mask is done and my skin is much more hydrated its time to either read my book or watch some Friends (so obsessed with friends at the moment!)
Don’t forget to let me know some of your face mask favourites and let me know if you have tried any of the above.
Hey guys! I hope you are well and having a fab weekend! I have been busy packing as I am going to Amsterdam tomorrow and I am super excited! I’ve never been before and already have a long list of things I would like to do and see whilst I’m there. Let me know if you have been before and if there is anywhere or any food places that you would recommend. So lets get onto todays post and I thought that I would do a product empties as I have accumulated quite a few things and want to share my thoughts on the products and whether I would re-purchase them.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – I love this foundation! Until a better one comes along I will use this everyday! It is on the more pricy side but I think its worth it, plus if you live near a designer outlet its £21 rather than £31! I have re-purchased this as I love it!
Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic – I have had this bottle for ages! I thought it was never going to run out, which is a good thing! This is the first product that I use on a morning, it freshens my skin and helps prepare it before applying makeup. I really enjoy using this product and although I haven’t yet re-purchased it, I definitely intend to. Also, little tip with this, I buy the full size bottle but when I first decided to try it I bought the mini spray bottle and I just pour the toner from the big bottle into the spray one as I find it much easier and quicker on a morning!
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream – This is the second product that I use on a morning and I love it! It’s such a light moisturiser which is why its a good base for makeup. It keeps my skin moisturised and because its part of the Aloe range it is really gentle on the skin. I have re-purchased this and will continue to.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream – The packaging has slightly changed on this now but it is still the same moisturiser. This is a much more thicker moisturiser but it sinks in beautifully and really helps put back any moisture thats lost through out the day into my face and leave it feeling really soft. I have also re-purchased this as I love using it on an evening before bed.
The Body Shop Instablur All In One Primer – I promise this isn’t sponsored by The Body Shop, I just love their products! I have used this primer for a long time now. It’s the third step in my morning skin care routine and it just finishes off my base perfectly. It blur out my pores and helps keep my makeup in one place. I have, of course, re-purchased this as it is the best primer I have found so far!
So thats all of the products that I have used up over the last few months! Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of these products.
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you soon.
Hello lovelies! I hope you had a lovely weekend. I am back today with my everyday evening skincare routine but also added in what I use when I decide to have a little bit of a pamper, because we all need a good old pamper every now and then! I did my morning skincare routine recently which you can find HERE!
Wash my hands and remove my makeup
First up I wash my hands which is an absolute must, especially because the cleanser I use involves putting in on my hands and rubbing it in so clean hands is a must! I then put one pump of the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser on my hands and gently massage into my face and chin. Once I feel happy that I have got all of my face I then gently wipe my eyes so that my eye makeup comes off, you end up looking like a panda for a few seconds! I then grab my Liz Earle Muslin Cloth, run it under warm water and wipe my whole face with it ensuring that I rinse the cloth every now and then. Once I have got all the Liz Earle Cleanser off I go in again with the Soap & Glory Peaches & Clean Deep Cleansing Milk all over my face and wipe off with the same cloth. I have done a post about the Liz Earle Cleanser here. I cleanse twice just to be extra sure that all the makeup is off my face! Plus the S&G cleanser smells soo nice!
Face Mask and Face Wash
Once I am satisfied that all the makeup is off my face I will do a face mask. I don’t do a face mask every night but when I am feeling the need I usually use this Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask as it really helps sort out my pores and get rid of any blemishes. You rub this onto your wet face, it goes super hot for a second and then stays warm on your face. It feels like a spa treatment and doesn’t have too much of a scent so you can sit back and relax for 5-10 minutes, then wash it off. My skin always feels so clean and smooth when I use this face mask. I then wash my face with the Vichy Normaderm face wash which I mentioned in my morning skincare routine.
Moisturise & Eye Cream
Now onto moisturiser & eye cream. I use The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream. This really helps put moisture back into my skin and keeps it feeling soft and smooth. I then use the Aloe Eye Defence from The Body Shop as it’s good for sensitive skin which I have and I just find that this is really good at soothing the under eye area and putting moisture back in. I don’t put my moisturiser under my eyes so it needs something to give it a boost!
So that is everything I usually use for my evening routine/pamper routine. I switch up face masks but at the moment I am loving this Body Shop one which is why I have included it. Let me know in the comments what you use on an evening for a pamper!
I hope you enjoyed this post. See you soon!
Hello lovelies! I hope you are having a lovely weekend! I seem to be using up a lot of products recently so I have decided to do a Product Empties as I can’t fit anything else the the bag I keep them all in! It’s mostly makeup with a couple of hair products and some skin care as well! So lets get into it!
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Tropical and Original – I love this dry shampoo, the only downside is it leaves little white bits in my hair but its so affordable and smells nice! I will purchase again as it does what it’s supposed to!
- Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish – It’s no secret that I love this as well! I could go on and on about this but I won’t bore you as I have done a full post on it here. I would re-purchase and I already have!
- Maybelline Superstay 24 hour Foundation – This is such a great drugstore foundation. It’s a matte finish but doesn’t dry my skin out. It lasts pretty much all day! I have re-purchased, I don’t use it as much as I used to as I have been trying another foundation but I like to have it there for days when I don’t want to use my high end foundation. If you are in the market for a drugstore foundation I would highly recommend this one! More info here!
- Estee Lauder Doublewear Sample – I had to include this as I have just discovered this foundation and have fallen in love! It sits perfectly on my skin and stays on ALL day! I am going to be doing a full review on this so stay tuned for that! I have just bought the full size!
- Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara – This is a really good mascara! It made my lashes look super fluttery with no clumps! I haven’t re-purchased as it is quite expensive. With mascaras I think you can get just as good with drugstore ones!
- Soap & Glory Thick and Fast Mascara – Another mascara as towards the end I was using this one and the Bobbi Brown one together trying to get every last bit used! I enjoyed using this mascara as well as at first it made my lashes look super long but it dried up towards the end and I have never had that with any mascara before so I haven’t re-purchased.
- Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer – If you haven’t tried this concealer then what are you playing at?! I love this stuff and have re-purchased as I can’t live without it (maybe a slight exaggeration but you know what I mean!)
So that is everything I have used up recently. A few things in there that I would buy again and a couple that I won’t! Have you tried any of the above products, if so what are your thoughts?
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! How was your weekend?! I woke up on Sunday and was greeted by absolutely amazing weather! It definitely felt like the first day of Spring! Lets hope it stays like this! So today is all about products that I have used up. I know I did one of these just over a month ago now but I seem to be using up all my products at once, plus I like reading these posts so why not do another one!
- Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder – I bought this on a deal with the foundation as I had wanted to try the Colorstay Foundation for a while. I didn’t like the foundation at all, it just didn’t sit right on my skin so I gave it to my friend and she loved it. I did however like this powder it kept my makeup in place all day and didn’t dry my skin out. The only reason I haven’t re-purchased it is because its £10.99 and I know a cheaper alternative that does the same thing but it is still a good powder and I would recommend it.
- L’Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim – I really enjoy using this eyeliner and have bought another one. It is so easy to use and stays on pretty much all day. The only thing I don’t like is that is does tend to smudge a little bit on the inner corners of my eyes when I have been wearing it the whole day but I just keep checking it and clean it up if needed.
- Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser – I absolutely love this product. It melts away all my makeup and has really helped to clear up my skin. It doesn’t irritate it at all and makes my skin feel so smooth and soft afterwards. I have bought two more bottles since using this up and will continue to re-purchase for a long, long time! I have just done a full post about this HERE.
- The Body Shop Instablur Primer – This is another product I could rave on and on about and probably have done way too many times. I love it so much I have lost count how many times I have re-purchased this. It keeps my makeup in place all day and helps hide pores. Massive thumbs up from me! I have done a full post about this too HERE.
- CHANEL Chance Eau De Toilette – This is by far my favourite perfume I have ever owned and was so gutted when this bottle ran out as it was my first bottle and I paid for half using vouchers but I love it that much I was willing to pay full price and have bought myself another one. It is quite expensive at £55 for 50ml but it smells absolutely beautiful so I think it’s worth it. There are four different scents in the Chance range, this one is the original one and by far my favourite. More detail HERE.
That is it for today’s post. I hope you enjoyed it. I love reading these posts as you can really tell if something is worth purchasing when people say whether they will re-purchase again or not. What have you used up recently?
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! I hope you had a brill weekend and are having a good week! I am hoping this week goes quite fast as I am going to London next week for a couple of days with my boyfriend and I am super excited to have a nice break and get lots of pictures :)! Anyway today’s post is all about skincare as I have finally found a product that really works well and agrees with my skin! As you can see by the title it is the one and only Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. I first tried this just after Christmas as Liz Earle had a sale on some of the travel sized products so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try them and I wouldn’t have spent too much money if I didn’t like them. However, that was not the case and I loved every product I bought so I have since bought most of the full size products and will buy the others in full size when I run out.
First things first I just want to point out how pretty this packaging is! I love anything in this ice/minty blue colour and I know packaging isn’t everything but it does help, especially when you are paying a bit more money for something and this packaging is just perfect! I like to get the bottle with a pump as I just find it easier but you can get it in a tube as well. What I really like about the Liz Earle website is not only can you choose whether you want a bottle or tube but you can buy in bulk and save money, you can buy bigger or smaller bottles if needed and you can also buy starter kits which will save you money as well.
So onto the actual product! I have very sensitive skin and I find it hard getting products that don’t break me out or end up drying my skin out. This definitely does not do any of those. It is so gentle on my skin, it doesn’t irritate it when it is on and afterwards my skin feels so smooth and soft. It has a really light, fresh scent to it that is gone as soon as you wash it off which is really good for me as I don’t like overpowering scents in my skin care. There is a two step process with this and it is also a two in one product as it cleanses and gently exfoliates at the same time. If you haven’t used this before then let me tell you how it works. First up massage one or two pumps, depending how much makeup you have on, onto your face and then over your eyes. Then rinse off using one of the muslin cloths in hand-hot water ensuring that the cloth is well rinsed each time. The muslin cloths are really useful because they are so soft, unlike normal flannels that can get quite rough over time, they aren’t harsh on the skin and you can wash and re-use them. You can use this product on a morning and an evening to keep your skin in tip top condition. Another good thing about this is it can be used on all skin types so if you are in the market for a new cleanser and you haven’t already tried this then I recommend you give it a go!
The main ingredients are: Rosemary, Chamomile, Cocoa Butter and Eucalyptus essential Oil. You can see the full list on the Liz Earle website and the benefits of each one. I have really noticed a difference in my skin after using this. It looks a lot brighter and I don’t tend to get as many spots. I also like to use the Instant Boost Skin Tonic (full review here) after washing my face on a morning and then the Skin Repair Moisturiser.
Overall I absolutely love using this and will continue to for a long time. I am already on my second bottle and have bought another one for when I run out as I don’t ever want to be with out it! Let me know what your favourite Liz Earle products are and if you have ever used this one!
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you soon.
Hello lovelies! I hope you are all well and have had a good week! I am going to review the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic today as I have had this for just over a month now and really feel like I can give an honest review.
The packaging is classic Liz Earle and I absolutely love it – this one of my favourite colours! This is the 30ml spritzer as I bought it in a set of travel sized products so I could try them and not have broken the bank if I really didn’t like them. In this case though I absolutely love this product! I love the fact that it is a spray as it is so easy to use and great for on the go. The full size product is 200ml and you can either get the spritzer bottle or just a normal bottle. For the 200ml spritzer it is £14.75 and for the bottle it is £14.50. You can also buy the 30ml spritzer or a 50ml bottle and they are £6.00 each, which is really good if you just want to try it out.
I spray it on my face on a morning before applying my moisturiser and it makes me feel so much more awake and refreshed. It is really soothing and cool on my face and I really look forward to using this first thing because, lets face it, who actually likes mornings – I always need that little boost to help wake me up! You can also use this during the day to freshen up your face and makeup if you are feeling a bit dull, or just need a quick boost to wake you up again ;)! This product also smells gorgeous, it’s quite a floral scent but I don’t find it too over powering at all. Even though it wakes me up on a morning, the scent is quite relaxing which just helps put me in a good mood and helps me not to stress before the day has even begun!
Not only is this a good product for revitalising you but it is also really good for your skin. It tones and also adds moisture but don’t worry if you have oily skin as I get an oily T-Zone and it doesn’t effect that at all it just helps build another barrier between your skin and makeup. Some of the ingredients include: Aloe Vera, Calendula, Cucumber and Natural Source Vitamin E. All of which help to sooth and tone. I also think this product has made my skin a bit brighter and along with the rest of my skin care products has really helped clear my skin up and look after it.
Over all I absolutely love this and will definitely be buying the full size product when this one runs out, but I have had this for over a month now and I still have quite a lot left as you really don’t need to do any more than about 2-3 sprays.
Let me know if you have tried this before and what you think about it. I hope you enjoyed this post!
See you soon