‘Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind’ that is the quote that’s on the front of the September Birchbox and I love it! This months box is a collaboration with Oliver Bonas which is definitely one of my all time favourite shops, mainly for their home decor pieces! As soon as I found out that they were collaborating with Oliver Bonas I was instantly excited and knew it would be a good one! One thing I like about Birchbox is some months you can choose the design of your box and this month you got two choices so I went for this one. I think its super fun, bright and the print is perfect for this collaboration. When you get into the box the products are also super bright and I’m really looking forward to trying these out. As usual there are 5 products two of which are full size and the rest sample size.
- Manna Kadar 3 in 1 Blush, Highlight, Eyeshadow (Full Size) – This is super pretty and I have already used it as an eyeshadow. This is one of the full size products and its in the shade Fantasy.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle – I’m never usually bothered about hair products, I don’t know why but they just never excite me. However, when I realised that this is a leave in conditioner I was quite intrigued. I haven’t tried it yet but one thing I can say is that it smells so nice!
- Dr PawPaw Original Clear Balm (Full Size) – This is another multi-use product and can be used for the lips, skin, cuticles and beauty finishing. First impressions of this are, it feels like velvet when on the skin so thats a plus from me. I still need to try it properly though but I feel like this will be a good product to have now that its getting into the Autumn/Winter seasons.
- Arrow Boost Colour Enhancing Lip Balm – The packaging on this is super fun, I love it! I’ve never tried a product like this before as when you apply it, it changes colour to suit your skin tone which is really interesting. It also smells really fresh.
- Polaar IcyMagic Instant Eye Contour Energiser – I think this is my favourite product in this months box. I love skin care, especially when its eye related because I am always on the hunt for new eye creams etc. This is a cooling eye roll on to soothe tired eyes, which is my eyes all the time!! Hopefully this can work its magic and sort out my eyes!!
So thats everything in the September Birchbox. I did also ‘upgrade’ my box for a little extra cost and got an Oliver Bonas candle but completely forgot to include it in the photos.. silly me! They also included some super cute stickers and a 15% off code to use on the OB website so I will definitely be using that!! If you received this Birchbox let me know which product you were most excited about. See you soon!
On Friday I will be on my way to Tenerife and I am so flippin’ excited to get some sun and just relax for a whole week! So I thought I would let you know what makeup I will be taking with me. I find packing in general hard because I always feel like I’ve missed something off my list clothes wise and then adding makeup to that situation just makes things harder, especially because I don’t want to be taking my whole makeup collection. So I always find these posts super helpful. I thought I would split it into two sections, skincare and makeup because skin care is just as important!
SkincareI’ll start with skincare as its super important that the skin is always hydrated and protected from the sun because who wants to age early?! Not me!
- Nivea Tinted Moisturising Day Cream – On the days where I’m not wearing makeup this is what I will be using as it has SPF 15 in and because its tinted it will even out my skin tone and make me feel a little more like myself!
- The Body Shop Aloe Vera Day Moisturiser – I love this stuff and have used it everyday for the last couple of years. Its super lightweight so perfect for underneath makeup.
- NYX Studio Perfect Primer – This is my new favourite primer and will probably use this with and without makeup on top as it really helps blur out my pores.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream – This is a thicker consistency and really keeps my skin hydrated on a night.
- Doux Me Pure Spring Water Spray – I received this in one of my Birchboxes and have only just started using it but I feel like it will be perfect on holiday for some extra hydration on a morning and throughout the day. You can also use it on your body which will be nice and refreshing.
- Vichy Normaderm Face Wash – This is another product that I have used for years and love so this will definitely be coming with me! Once I have used it, it makes my skin feel so clean and refreshed.
I feel like that is quite a lot to take on holiday but I like to be prepared and I still wear makeup on holiday in an evening so it’s not too bad. What’s the one product that you can’t go anywhere without? Let me know in the comments 🙂
After using the same primer for quite a few years I felt it was time to try a new one. I had been looking for a while but nothing was really jumping out at me until I came across the NYX counter in Boots and saw the NYX Professional Makeup Studio Perfect Primer. NYX has been on my list of makeup brands that I wanted to try but every time I go to their counters I either have no time to properly look or I get overwhelmed and end up leaving empty handed. However, this time I went straight to the ‘primer section’ and decided on this one.As soon as I tried it on my hand it just reminded me of velvet and made my skin feel so smooth. So that mixed with the product description.. ‘Prepare your canvas with our silky primer. The Studio Perfect Primer formula is easily absorbed creates a smooth surface for foundation and ensures the longevity of your makeup‘ I was like ‘yaasss’ this sounds like the perfect primer for me!!
There are three different shades of this primer each with there own benefits. Clear, to cover fine lines and large pores; Lavender, to brighten and illuminate yellow undertones; Green, to conceal redness. I went with the Clear shade as I am always looking to cover my pores. My foundation and concealer go on so smoothly after using this primer and last pretty much all day.Considering that this is the first NYX product I’ve tried I am very impressed and can’t wait to try more from the brand. If you are looking for a new primer then I honestly 100% recommend this one. Let me know if there are any NYX products that I need to try, I would appreciate your recommendations.
My beauty wishlist is constantly growing, even when I manage to treat myself to something on the list you can almost guarantee two more things will be added straight away. I have done a couple of these posts before but thought I’d do an updated one because my list seems to be very large at the moment so I am going to share the top 5 products that are currently on my wishlist. Don’t forget to let me know whats on your wishlist at the moment too…
Beauty Wishlist –
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick – I still haven’t tried anything from Hourglass and there is always one of their products on my wishlists. I have heard good things about this foundation and I have always been intrigued by the stick foundations.
- L’Oreal Paris Paradise Mascara – This is a new product from L’Oreal and as soon as I saw this was being released it was mentally added to my list. I love L’Oreal products so as soon as my current mascara runs out I will be purchasing this.
- Iconic London Illuminator Drops – These look absolutely amazing!! I feel like your highlight would be on point 24/7 with these.
- The Body Shop Expert Face Masks – I really like the look of these and have tried samples but haven’t tried any of the new ones. I love face masks, especially when they are from The Body Shop.
- Zoeva Coral Spectrum Blush Palette – Zoeva is my favourite makeup brush brand and I also have a couple of their eyeshadow palettes so I really want to try this blush palette. It looks so pretty and you really can’t go wrong for just under £15!!
That rounds up the top 5 products that are on my beauty wishlist at the moment. Let me know if you have tried any of them and what you think. Hope you’re having a good bank holiday weekend as well!!
I feel like I am always on the hunt for a new concealer. I think I find the ‘perfect’ one but then there is always something that I don’t like. However, I may have found one that is very close to perfection and the concealer I am talking about is the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. I had been meaning to try this for quite a while as I always heard so much about it online, so when my NARS Creamy concealer ran out I decided I didn’t love it enough to spend another £24 and marched straight to Boots and picked up this one. I got the lightest shade which is Fair 1 and its perfect for my skin tone. They also do 3 other shades.
The first great thing about this concealer is the price.. its £4.19 which is so affordable and not going to break the bank. Second, I think its a lot better than the NARS Creamy concealer but thats just my opinion. Third, it lasts all day which when you have dark circles like mine is an absolute must in a concealer. I apply this before my foundation because that’s just what I’ve always done and it does such a good job at covering not just my dark circles but also any blemishes and redness on my face. I then apply my foundation and it sits nicely on top without looking too heavy.
I am so pleased I picked up this little gem and would really recommend giving it a try if you are looking for a new concealer. Let me know in the comments what your favourite concealer is..
Hey guys! It sure has been a while since I posted on here, I hope you are all good and life is treating you well. A lot has been happening in my life at the moment which is why I haven’t been on here in a while but I am back and slowly getting motivated again which is good because I have missed blogging and missed chatting with you guys! So I thought I would kick it off with a haul because over the 5 months that I have been away I have still been shopping and thought I’d show you some of those purchases. Also… who doesn’t love a haul! I thought I’d keep this a beauty only haul otherwise we may be here a while..
Beauty Bits –
All of the above are new products to me apart from the L’Oreal Eyeliner which is a firm favourite of mine and has been for a while so if you are looking for a new eyeliner, this ones a good’un. I am going to do reviews of these in more detail, especially the Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadow Palette because its just dreamy!
I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if there is anything you would like to see on here now that I am back. Also let me know what you’ve been buying recently or leave links to your latest posts so that I can have a read!
Hey guys! So I thought I would do a review on a new eyeshadow palette today as I want to use it in a post that I have planned but felt that I needed to review it first. I received this cute little palette in the February Birchbox, which was my first ever Birchbox and I am so pleased with it. I have done a post on my thoughts of the February Birchbox here! Now back to the eyeshadow palette! As the title says this is the Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio in the shade Champagne Mocha and these shades are right up my street!
The packaging is pretty basic but very sturdy, so sturdy that I actually struggle to get into it without breaking a nail but hopefully that will wear down over time. It’s not a major issue and maybe I just got a dodgy one but that is the only thing that I see as a ‘bad thing’ so lets get onto the good things! I think the name of this palette ‘Champagne Mocha’ is perfect as the 3 shades definitely resemble both of those things. Since receiving this palette I have used it a lot, its so wearable and great for everyday. All 3 of the eyeshadows are shimmery and the darkest shade has little specs of glitter in which is super pretty! The eyeshadows last pretty much all day and that’s without a primer so I am really impressed. This is one of those palettes that is super easy to use and only takes a couple of minutes to achieve a smokey eye look that looks like you’ve spent half an hour perfecting.
I am really impressed with the quality of this palette and when I have used up this mini version I am definitely going to buy a full size palette as they are only £15.50 and you get 10 eyeshadows. They have 3 to choose from and I think I would probably go for ‘Naturally Bare’ which is super pretty! Let me know in the comments if you have ever tried this brand before, I had never heard of them before receiving my Birchbox.
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you soon