Seeing as though its nearly Spring I thought I would share some of my ‘Spring Essentials’ with you. I was going to keep it to just beauty but I then thought ‘why not just cover everything’ so thats what I’ve decided to do – I’m going to include beauty, fashion, skincare and then some random essentials which I have decided to put into a handbag category because its basically everything that gets thrown into my handbag. So lets get started..
For me Spring is all about the light makeup to go with the pretty dresses and flowy tops. So I like to keep my eyeshadow nice and light and this Spring I will probably be reaching for my trusty Charlotte Tilbury Golden Goddess eyeshadow palette. You can create so many looks with this palette to go from day to night all while keeping your makeup super light. Once your makeup is all done and outfit sorted (for my fashion essentials please keep reading ;)) you need some perfume and my usual choice would be Chanel Chance but for a while now I have been loving a Zara perfume in the scent Oriental. Its such a subtle perfume but I am obsessed. Its got a slightly floral scent to it but then kind of musky at the same time (if that makes any sense – if not then go give it a smell.)Fashion Essentials
You never know what the weather is going to be like in any season here in the UK but Spring can sometimes get quite chilly even when the sun is out so I always like to have a scarf with me just incase the wind picks up. I have a slight obsession with scarves and have quite a lot but I am loving this light blue one at the moment. These scarves are really good because they are a nice light material that can be kept in your handbag, without taking up too much room, or to just throw on over your outfit.Skincare Essentials
Moisturiser is always a must for me but sometimes you need a little bit extra just to get you through the cold months. My firm faves are definitely the Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream and the Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream. I always talk about these products so if you want to know more feel free to check out this post. Another skincare essentials is a face mask because I don’t know about you but when the seasons change, so does my skin! So to try and help it out a bit I have been using the Liz Earle Deep Cleansing mask. Its absolutely brilliant at getting rid of any blemishes. I actually included it in my last post so feel free to check that out for more information.
I decided to name this category ‘handbag essentials’ because this is basically all the little extras that I need and just throw in my handbag. First up is hand cream, my hands are always so dry when its cold so hand cream is definitely an essential. I always use the Body Shop hand creams because they work and all smell amazing! My favourite at the moment is Vanilla Pumpkin, which may have been an Autumn limited edition scent, but its so amazing they should make it an all year round product. Another things I always like to have with me is a hairbrush because when that wind picks up and you’ve just spent ages on your hair, its not an ideal situation! So a hairbrush is a MUST!I could probably include a few more but then this post would be ridiculously long and no-one would read it so the above are my main Spring Essentials. I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know your Spring Essentials in the comments and we can can chat about how exciting it is that its finally getting slightly warmer and lighter in the mornings/evenings!
I do love a good pamper and what pamper evening is complete without a face mask.. This is why I am sharing some of my favourite face masks with you. Don’t forget to share your faves in the comments too – I always like to try new products.
- L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Glow Face Mask – This mask is a good all rounder and one I tend to use when my skin is looking okay but just needs a little pick me up. The main benefits of this face mask are to brighten and exfoliate which is definitely does do.
- Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask – I absolutely love Liz Earle products as you can always trust that they do what it claims. This is the most recent face mask I have tried and its one that I like to use when my skin needs a good sort out. It really helps clear up my skin and gives me that fresh, clean feeling afterwards. Its almost like you can feel it working on the skin which I like and definitely need every now and then.
- Lush Mask of Magnaminty – I have used this for quite a few years now as it was recommended to me to help get rid of spots. Its not as intense as the Liz Earle mask but it still does the trick. It also smells really good!
Once I have washed the face mask off I like to slather my face in a thick moisturiser and for a while now I have been using the Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream. It helps keep my skin moisturised over night and gets rid of dry skin which I suffer from around this time of the year. Now the face mask is done and my skin is much more hydrated its time to either read my book or watch some Friends (so obsessed with friends at the moment!)
Don’t forget to let me know some of your face mask favourites and let me know if you have tried any of the above.
‘Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind’ that is the quote that’s on the front of the September Birchbox and I love it! This months box is a collaboration with Oliver Bonas which is definitely one of my all time favourite shops, mainly for their home decor pieces! As soon as I found out that they were collaborating with Oliver Bonas I was instantly excited and knew it would be a good one! One thing I like about Birchbox is some months you can choose the design of your box and this month you got two choices so I went for this one. I think its super fun, bright and the print is perfect for this collaboration. When you get into the box the products are also super bright and I’m really looking forward to trying these out. As usual there are 5 products two of which are full size and the rest sample size.
- Manna Kadar 3 in 1 Blush, Highlight, Eyeshadow (Full Size) – This is super pretty and I have already used it as an eyeshadow. This is one of the full size products and its in the shade Fantasy.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle – I’m never usually bothered about hair products, I don’t know why but they just never excite me. However, when I realised that this is a leave in conditioner I was quite intrigued. I haven’t tried it yet but one thing I can say is that it smells so nice!
- Dr PawPaw Original Clear Balm (Full Size) – This is another multi-use product and can be used for the lips, skin, cuticles and beauty finishing. First impressions of this are, it feels like velvet when on the skin so thats a plus from me. I still need to try it properly though but I feel like this will be a good product to have now that its getting into the Autumn/Winter seasons.
- Arrow Boost Colour Enhancing Lip Balm – The packaging on this is super fun, I love it! I’ve never tried a product like this before as when you apply it, it changes colour to suit your skin tone which is really interesting. It also smells really fresh.
- Polaar IcyMagic Instant Eye Contour Energiser – I think this is my favourite product in this months box. I love skin care, especially when its eye related because I am always on the hunt for new eye creams etc. This is a cooling eye roll on to soothe tired eyes, which is my eyes all the time!! Hopefully this can work its magic and sort out my eyes!!
So thats everything in the September Birchbox. I did also ‘upgrade’ my box for a little extra cost and got an Oliver Bonas candle but completely forgot to include it in the photos.. silly me! They also included some super cute stickers and a 15% off code to use on the OB website so I will definitely be using that!! If you received this Birchbox let me know which product you were most excited about. See you soon!
On Friday I will be on my way to Tenerife and I am so flippin’ excited to get some sun and just relax for a whole week! So I thought I would let you know what makeup I will be taking with me. I find packing in general hard because I always feel like I’ve missed something off my list clothes wise and then adding makeup to that situation just makes things harder, especially because I don’t want to be taking my whole makeup collection. So I always find these posts super helpful. I thought I would split it into two sections, skincare and makeup because skin care is just as important!
SkincareI’ll start with skincare as its super important that the skin is always hydrated and protected from the sun because who wants to age early?! Not me!
- Nivea Tinted Moisturising Day Cream – On the days where I’m not wearing makeup this is what I will be using as it has SPF 15 in and because its tinted it will even out my skin tone and make me feel a little more like myself!
- The Body Shop Aloe Vera Day Moisturiser – I love this stuff and have used it everyday for the last couple of years. Its super lightweight so perfect for underneath makeup.
- NYX Studio Perfect Primer – This is my new favourite primer and will probably use this with and without makeup on top as it really helps blur out my pores.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream – This is a thicker consistency and really keeps my skin hydrated on a night.
- Doux Me Pure Spring Water Spray – I received this in one of my Birchboxes and have only just started using it but I feel like it will be perfect on holiday for some extra hydration on a morning and throughout the day. You can also use it on your body which will be nice and refreshing.
- Vichy Normaderm Face Wash – This is another product that I have used for years and love so this will definitely be coming with me! Once I have used it, it makes my skin feel so clean and refreshed.
I feel like that is quite a lot to take on holiday but I like to be prepared and I still wear makeup on holiday in an evening so it’s not too bad. What’s the one product that you can’t go anywhere without? Let me know in the comments 🙂
After using the same primer for quite a few years I felt it was time to try a new one. I had been looking for a while but nothing was really jumping out at me until I came across the NYX counter in Boots and saw the NYX Professional Makeup Studio Perfect Primer. NYX has been on my list of makeup brands that I wanted to try but every time I go to their counters I either have no time to properly look or I get overwhelmed and end up leaving empty handed. However, this time I went straight to the ‘primer section’ and decided on this one.As soon as I tried it on my hand it just reminded me of velvet and made my skin feel so smooth. So that mixed with the product description.. ‘Prepare your canvas with our silky primer. The Studio Perfect Primer formula is easily absorbed creates a smooth surface for foundation and ensures the longevity of your makeup‘ I was like ‘yaasss’ this sounds like the perfect primer for me!!
There are three different shades of this primer each with there own benefits. Clear, to cover fine lines and large pores; Lavender, to brighten and illuminate yellow undertones; Green, to conceal redness. I went with the Clear shade as I am always looking to cover my pores. My foundation and concealer go on so smoothly after using this primer and last pretty much all day.Considering that this is the first NYX product I’ve tried I am very impressed and can’t wait to try more from the brand. If you are looking for a new primer then I honestly 100% recommend this one. Let me know if there are any NYX products that I need to try, I would appreciate your recommendations.
My beauty wishlist is constantly growing, even when I manage to treat myself to something on the list you can almost guarantee two more things will be added straight away. I have done a couple of these posts before but thought I’d do an updated one because my list seems to be very large at the moment so I am going to share the top 5 products that are currently on my wishlist. Don’t forget to let me know whats on your wishlist at the moment too…
Beauty Wishlist –
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick – I still haven’t tried anything from Hourglass and there is always one of their products on my wishlists. I have heard good things about this foundation and I have always been intrigued by the stick foundations.
- L’Oreal Paris Paradise Mascara – This is a new product from L’Oreal and as soon as I saw this was being released it was mentally added to my list. I love L’Oreal products so as soon as my current mascara runs out I will be purchasing this.
- Iconic London Illuminator Drops – These look absolutely amazing!! I feel like your highlight would be on point 24/7 with these.
- The Body Shop Expert Face Masks – I really like the look of these and have tried samples but haven’t tried any of the new ones. I love face masks, especially when they are from The Body Shop.
- Zoeva Coral Spectrum Blush Palette – Zoeva is my favourite makeup brush brand and I also have a couple of their eyeshadow palettes so I really want to try this blush palette. It looks so pretty and you really can’t go wrong for just under £15!!
That rounds up the top 5 products that are on my beauty wishlist at the moment. Let me know if you have tried any of them and what you think. Hope you’re having a good bank holiday weekend as well!!
Hey guys! I hope you are well and having a fab weekend! I have been busy packing as I am going to Amsterdam tomorrow and I am super excited! I’ve never been before and already have a long list of things I would like to do and see whilst I’m there. Let me know if you have been before and if there is anywhere or any food places that you would recommend. So lets get onto todays post and I thought that I would do a product empties as I have accumulated quite a few things and want to share my thoughts on the products and whether I would re-purchase them.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – I love this foundation! Until a better one comes along I will use this everyday! It is on the more pricy side but I think its worth it, plus if you live near a designer outlet its £21 rather than £31! I have re-purchased this as I love it!
Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic – I have had this bottle for ages! I thought it was never going to run out, which is a good thing! This is the first product that I use on a morning, it freshens my skin and helps prepare it before applying makeup. I really enjoy using this product and although I haven’t yet re-purchased it, I definitely intend to. Also, little tip with this, I buy the full size bottle but when I first decided to try it I bought the mini spray bottle and I just pour the toner from the big bottle into the spray one as I find it much easier and quicker on a morning!
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream – This is the second product that I use on a morning and I love it! It’s such a light moisturiser which is why its a good base for makeup. It keeps my skin moisturised and because its part of the Aloe range it is really gentle on the skin. I have re-purchased this and will continue to.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream – The packaging has slightly changed on this now but it is still the same moisturiser. This is a much more thicker moisturiser but it sinks in beautifully and really helps put back any moisture thats lost through out the day into my face and leave it feeling really soft. I have also re-purchased this as I love using it on an evening before bed.
The Body Shop Instablur All In One Primer – I promise this isn’t sponsored by The Body Shop, I just love their products! I have used this primer for a long time now. It’s the third step in my morning skin care routine and it just finishes off my base perfectly. It blur out my pores and helps keep my makeup in one place. I have, of course, re-purchased this as it is the best primer I have found so far!
So thats all of the products that I have used up over the last few months! Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of these products.
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you soon.