‘Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind’ that is the quote that’s on the front of the September Birchbox and I love it! This months box is a collaboration with Oliver Bonas which is definitely one of my all time favourite shops, mainly for their home decor pieces! As soon as I found out that they were collaborating with Oliver Bonas I was instantly excited and knew it would be a good one! One thing I like about Birchbox is some months you can choose the design of your box and this month you got two choices so I went for this one. I think its super fun, bright and the print is perfect for this collaboration. When you get into the box the products are also super bright and I’m really looking forward to trying these out. As usual there are 5 products two of which are full size and the rest sample size.
- Manna Kadar 3 in 1 Blush, Highlight, Eyeshadow (Full Size) – This is super pretty and I have already used it as an eyeshadow. This is one of the full size products and its in the shade Fantasy.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle – I’m never usually bothered about hair products, I don’t know why but they just never excite me. However, when I realised that this is a leave in conditioner I was quite intrigued. I haven’t tried it yet but one thing I can say is that it smells so nice!
- Dr PawPaw Original Clear Balm (Full Size) – This is another multi-use product and can be used for the lips, skin, cuticles and beauty finishing. First impressions of this are, it feels like velvet when on the skin so thats a plus from me. I still need to try it properly though but I feel like this will be a good product to have now that its getting into the Autumn/Winter seasons.
- Arrow Boost Colour Enhancing Lip Balm – The packaging on this is super fun, I love it! I’ve never tried a product like this before as when you apply it, it changes colour to suit your skin tone which is really interesting. It also smells really fresh.
- Polaar IcyMagic Instant Eye Contour Energiser – I think this is my favourite product in this months box. I love skin care, especially when its eye related because I am always on the hunt for new eye creams etc. This is a cooling eye roll on to soothe tired eyes, which is my eyes all the time!! Hopefully this can work its magic and sort out my eyes!!
So thats everything in the September Birchbox. I did also ‘upgrade’ my box for a little extra cost and got an Oliver Bonas candle but completely forgot to include it in the photos.. silly me! They also included some super cute stickers and a 15% off code to use on the OB website so I will definitely be using that!! If you received this Birchbox let me know which product you were most excited about. See you soon!
On Friday I will be on my way to Tenerife and I am so flippin’ excited to get some sun and just relax for a whole week! So I thought I would let you know what makeup I will be taking with me. I find packing in general hard because I always feel like I’ve missed something off my list clothes wise and then adding makeup to that situation just makes things harder, especially because I don’t want to be taking my whole makeup collection. So I always find these posts super helpful. I thought I would split it into two sections, skincare and makeup because skin care is just as important!
SkincareI’ll start with skincare as its super important that the skin is always hydrated and protected from the sun because who wants to age early?! Not me!
- Nivea Tinted Moisturising Day Cream – On the days where I’m not wearing makeup this is what I will be using as it has SPF 15 in and because its tinted it will even out my skin tone and make me feel a little more like myself!
- The Body Shop Aloe Vera Day Moisturiser – I love this stuff and have used it everyday for the last couple of years. Its super lightweight so perfect for underneath makeup.
- NYX Studio Perfect Primer – This is my new favourite primer and will probably use this with and without makeup on top as it really helps blur out my pores.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream – This is a thicker consistency and really keeps my skin hydrated on a night.
- Doux Me Pure Spring Water Spray – I received this in one of my Birchboxes and have only just started using it but I feel like it will be perfect on holiday for some extra hydration on a morning and throughout the day. You can also use it on your body which will be nice and refreshing.
- Vichy Normaderm Face Wash – This is another product that I have used for years and love so this will definitely be coming with me! Once I have used it, it makes my skin feel so clean and refreshed.
I feel like that is quite a lot to take on holiday but I like to be prepared and I still wear makeup on holiday in an evening so it’s not too bad. What’s the one product that you can’t go anywhere without? Let me know in the comments 🙂
After using the same primer for quite a few years I felt it was time to try a new one. I had been looking for a while but nothing was really jumping out at me until I came across the NYX counter in Boots and saw the NYX Professional Makeup Studio Perfect Primer. NYX has been on my list of makeup brands that I wanted to try but every time I go to their counters I either have no time to properly look or I get overwhelmed and end up leaving empty handed. However, this time I went straight to the ‘primer section’ and decided on this one.As soon as I tried it on my hand it just reminded me of velvet and made my skin feel so smooth. So that mixed with the product description.. ‘Prepare your canvas with our silky primer. The Studio Perfect Primer formula is easily absorbed creates a smooth surface for foundation and ensures the longevity of your makeup‘ I was like ‘yaasss’ this sounds like the perfect primer for me!!
There are three different shades of this primer each with there own benefits. Clear, to cover fine lines and large pores; Lavender, to brighten and illuminate yellow undertones; Green, to conceal redness. I went with the Clear shade as I am always looking to cover my pores. My foundation and concealer go on so smoothly after using this primer and last pretty much all day.Considering that this is the first NYX product I’ve tried I am very impressed and can’t wait to try more from the brand. If you are looking for a new primer then I honestly 100% recommend this one. Let me know if there are any NYX products that I need to try, I would appreciate your recommendations.
My beauty wishlist is constantly growing, even when I manage to treat myself to something on the list you can almost guarantee two more things will be added straight away. I have done a couple of these posts before but thought I’d do an updated one because my list seems to be very large at the moment so I am going to share the top 5 products that are currently on my wishlist. Don’t forget to let me know whats on your wishlist at the moment too…
Beauty Wishlist –
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick – I still haven’t tried anything from Hourglass and there is always one of their products on my wishlists. I have heard good things about this foundation and I have always been intrigued by the stick foundations.
- L’Oreal Paris Paradise Mascara – This is a new product from L’Oreal and as soon as I saw this was being released it was mentally added to my list. I love L’Oreal products so as soon as my current mascara runs out I will be purchasing this.
- Iconic London Illuminator Drops – These look absolutely amazing!! I feel like your highlight would be on point 24/7 with these.
- The Body Shop Expert Face Masks – I really like the look of these and have tried samples but haven’t tried any of the new ones. I love face masks, especially when they are from The Body Shop.
- Zoeva Coral Spectrum Blush Palette – Zoeva is my favourite makeup brush brand and I also have a couple of their eyeshadow palettes so I really want to try this blush palette. It looks so pretty and you really can’t go wrong for just under £15!!
That rounds up the top 5 products that are on my beauty wishlist at the moment. Let me know if you have tried any of them and what you think. Hope you’re having a good bank holiday weekend as well!!
Hey guys! I hope you are well and having a fab weekend! I have been busy packing as I am going to Amsterdam tomorrow and I am super excited! I’ve never been before and already have a long list of things I would like to do and see whilst I’m there. Let me know if you have been before and if there is anywhere or any food places that you would recommend. So lets get onto todays post and I thought that I would do a product empties as I have accumulated quite a few things and want to share my thoughts on the products and whether I would re-purchase them.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – I love this foundation! Until a better one comes along I will use this everyday! It is on the more pricy side but I think its worth it, plus if you live near a designer outlet its £21 rather than £31! I have re-purchased this as I love it!
Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic – I have had this bottle for ages! I thought it was never going to run out, which is a good thing! This is the first product that I use on a morning, it freshens my skin and helps prepare it before applying makeup. I really enjoy using this product and although I haven’t yet re-purchased it, I definitely intend to. Also, little tip with this, I buy the full size bottle but when I first decided to try it I bought the mini spray bottle and I just pour the toner from the big bottle into the spray one as I find it much easier and quicker on a morning!
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream – This is the second product that I use on a morning and I love it! It’s such a light moisturiser which is why its a good base for makeup. It keeps my skin moisturised and because its part of the Aloe range it is really gentle on the skin. I have re-purchased this and will continue to.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream – The packaging has slightly changed on this now but it is still the same moisturiser. This is a much more thicker moisturiser but it sinks in beautifully and really helps put back any moisture thats lost through out the day into my face and leave it feeling really soft. I have also re-purchased this as I love using it on an evening before bed.
The Body Shop Instablur All In One Primer – I promise this isn’t sponsored by The Body Shop, I just love their products! I have used this primer for a long time now. It’s the third step in my morning skin care routine and it just finishes off my base perfectly. It blur out my pores and helps keep my makeup in one place. I have, of course, re-purchased this as it is the best primer I have found so far!
So thats all of the products that I have used up over the last few months! Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of these products.
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you soon.
Hey guys, hope you are well and had a good weekend! Apparently its March, not quite sure how that happened so fast but it did and here I am doing a product of the month for February! So this month and the past few months I have been loving The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter! As with all skincare products I have been using it for a few months just to make sure that it doesn’t irritate my skin and cause breakouts and I can safely say that it hasn’t!
This cleansing butter is such a dream to use and literally feels like butter, just not as greasy! It is so soft and gentle on the skin and really does remove every last bit of makeup. After using this my skin feels so clean I never feel like I have to go back in with more product and re-cleanse. This cleanser is also perfect for sensitive skin so if you are on the hunt for a new cleanser I would 100% recommend this one. It says on The Body Shops website that it removes all types of makeup, it removes my mascara and liquid eyeliner no issues but I don’t wear waterproof mascara so I can’t comment on that but considering how easy it removes mine, I don’t think there would be any issues. If you have tried this on waterproof mascara please feel free to let me know how it performs.
You get 90ml of product for £10.00 which isn’t too bad as a lot of other cleansers I’ve used have had the same amount of product in but they are more expensive. Overall, I really like this cleanser, it does exactly what it says on the tin, its great for sensitive skin and it lasts a fair while too! I have actually just re-purchased this as well as I am running low, that is another reason why this lovely cleanser is my February product of the month. Let me know in the comments if you have used this before and what your thought are..
I hope you enjoyed this post. See you soon!
Hey guys! Hope you are well. I always see beauty subscription boxes all over Instagram, Twitter and other blogs and I have always wondered if they are worth it, but when I saw that Birchbox were offering a full size Spectrum brush in every box I knew I had to get myself one! If you haven’t heard of Birchbox then its basically a monthly beauty subscription box where you get to try sample sized, sometimes full size, beauty, skincare or haircare products for only £10 a month.
So because this was my first box I got a free gift which is super nice! I got a full size Smith & Cult Lip Lacquer which is worth £21! You also got to choose from two designs on the box as they collaborated with Papier so I chose this gorgeous leaf print. Now lets get onto the exciting part where I tell you what I actually got inside the box…
- Beaver Professional Daily Moisture Conditioning Spray (I have used this a couple of times already and I’m very impressed)
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Basically this is a multi-purpose oil for the face, body and hair)
- Spectrum C06 Eyeshadow Brush
- Smith & Cult The Shining Lip Lacquer
- Pop Beauty Eyeshadow Trio in the shade Champagne Mocha
- Keeome Hydration Therapy Mask
So all of the above are sample size apart from the Spectrum brush and the Lip Lacquer. Although they are samples they are still pretty big and I think you get a lot of product. I am really impressed with my first Birchbox and the good thing is you can cancel the subscription at any time so there are no commitments! If you want more information on Birchbox then head on over to their website here. I am going to do full reviews on the products that I received because I will definitely be using them all. I now can’t wait for March’s box!
Let me know in the comments if you have tried this subscription box or any others and what you think of them.
I hope you enjoyed this post. See you soon!