Hey guys! I hope you are well and having a fab weekend! I have been busy packing as I am going to Amsterdam tomorrow and I am super excited! I’ve never been before and already have a long list of things I would like to do and see whilst I’m there. Let me know if you have been before and if there is anywhere or any food places that you would recommend. So lets get onto todays post and I thought that I would do a product empties as I have accumulated quite a few things and want to share my thoughts on the products and whether I would re-purchase them.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – I love this foundation! Until a better one comes along I will use this everyday! It is on the more pricy side but I think its worth it, plus if you live near a designer outlet its £21 rather than £31! I have re-purchased this as I love it!
Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic – I have had this bottle for ages! I thought it was never going to run out, which is a good thing! This is the first product that I use on a morning, it freshens my skin and helps prepare it before applying makeup. I really enjoy using this product and although I haven’t yet re-purchased it, I definitely intend to. Also, little tip with this, I buy the full size bottle but when I first decided to try it I bought the mini spray bottle and I just pour the toner from the big bottle into the spray one as I find it much easier and quicker on a morning!
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream – This is the second product that I use on a morning and I love it! It’s such a light moisturiser which is why its a good base for makeup. It keeps my skin moisturised and because its part of the Aloe range it is really gentle on the skin. I have re-purchased this and will continue to.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream – The packaging has slightly changed on this now but it is still the same moisturiser. This is a much more thicker moisturiser but it sinks in beautifully and really helps put back any moisture thats lost through out the day into my face and leave it feeling really soft. I have also re-purchased this as I love using it on an evening before bed.
The Body Shop Instablur All In One Primer – I promise this isn’t sponsored by The Body Shop, I just love their products! I have used this primer for a long time now. It’s the third step in my morning skin care routine and it just finishes off my base perfectly. It blur out my pores and helps keep my makeup in one place. I have, of course, re-purchased this as it is the best primer I have found so far!
So thats all of the products that I have used up over the last few months! Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of these products.
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you soon.
Hey guys, hope you are well and had a good weekend! Apparently its March, not quite sure how that happened so fast but it did and here I am doing a product of the month for February! So this month and the past few months I have been loving The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter! As with all skincare products I have been using it for a few months just to make sure that it doesn’t irritate my skin and cause breakouts and I can safely say that it hasn’t!
This cleansing butter is such a dream to use and literally feels like butter, just not as greasy! It is so soft and gentle on the skin and really does remove every last bit of makeup. After using this my skin feels so clean I never feel like I have to go back in with more product and re-cleanse. This cleanser is also perfect for sensitive skin so if you are on the hunt for a new cleanser I would 100% recommend this one. It says on The Body Shops website that it removes all types of makeup, it removes my mascara and liquid eyeliner no issues but I don’t wear waterproof mascara so I can’t comment on that but considering how easy it removes mine, I don’t think there would be any issues. If you have tried this on waterproof mascara please feel free to let me know how it performs.
You get 90ml of product for £10.00 which isn’t too bad as a lot of other cleansers I’ve used have had the same amount of product in but they are more expensive. Overall, I really like this cleanser, it does exactly what it says on the tin, its great for sensitive skin and it lasts a fair while too! I have actually just re-purchased this as well as I am running low, that is another reason why this lovely cleanser is my February product of the month. Let me know in the comments if you have used this before and what your thought are..
I hope you enjoyed this post. See you soon!
Hello lovelies! I hope you had a lovely weekend. I am back today with my everyday evening skincare routine but also added in what I use when I decide to have a little bit of a pamper, because we all need a good old pamper every now and then! I did my morning skincare routine recently which you can find HERE!
Wash my hands and remove my makeup
First up I wash my hands which is an absolute must, especially because the cleanser I use involves putting in on my hands and rubbing it in so clean hands is a must! I then put one pump of the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser on my hands and gently massage into my face and chin. Once I feel happy that I have got all of my face I then gently wipe my eyes so that my eye makeup comes off, you end up looking like a panda for a few seconds! I then grab my Liz Earle Muslin Cloth, run it under warm water and wipe my whole face with it ensuring that I rinse the cloth every now and then. Once I have got all the Liz Earle Cleanser off I go in again with the Soap & Glory Peaches & Clean Deep Cleansing Milk all over my face and wipe off with the same cloth. I have done a post about the Liz Earle Cleanser here. I cleanse twice just to be extra sure that all the makeup is off my face! Plus the S&G cleanser smells soo nice!
Face Mask and Face Wash
Once I am satisfied that all the makeup is off my face I will do a face mask. I don’t do a face mask every night but when I am feeling the need I usually use this Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask as it really helps sort out my pores and get rid of any blemishes. You rub this onto your wet face, it goes super hot for a second and then stays warm on your face. It feels like a spa treatment and doesn’t have too much of a scent so you can sit back and relax for 5-10 minutes, then wash it off. My skin always feels so clean and smooth when I use this face mask. I then wash my face with the Vichy Normaderm face wash which I mentioned in my morning skincare routine.
Moisturise & Eye Cream
Now onto moisturiser & eye cream. I use The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream. This really helps put moisture back into my skin and keeps it feeling soft and smooth. I then use the Aloe Eye Defence from The Body Shop as it’s good for sensitive skin which I have and I just find that this is really good at soothing the under eye area and putting moisture back in. I don’t put my moisturiser under my eyes so it needs something to give it a boost!
So that is everything I usually use for my evening routine/pamper routine. I switch up face masks but at the moment I am loving this Body Shop one which is why I have included it. Let me know in the comments what you use on an evening for a pamper!
I hope you enjoyed this post. See you soon!
Hello lovelies! I hope you are well and had a good bank holiday weekend! Over the last couple of weeks I have picked up a few new items so thought I would do a haul… because why not ;)!
First up I was walking around Richmond which is a super cute town just near where my boyfriend lives and they have a lovely little shop there called Lemon. They sell clothes, shoes, handbags and jewellery, I saw this pretty little bracelet and knew I had to have it. I love the fact that it is rose gold, who doesn’t love rose gold, and also the little heart and peace signs. It was £7 which is an absolute bargain!
I have been on the hunt for a new shampoo and conditioner for a while now as my current one just wasn’t doing it for me (I am going to do a blog post on it I think) so when I saw the L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay duo that says for ‘oily roots and dry ends’ I was like hallelujah if this works it will be my perfect shampoo/conditioner! I am still trying it out but will report back in a few weeks! I also ran out of my dry shampoo so decided to stick with the L’Oreal theme and invest in their dry shampoo from the Extraordinary Clay range. It smells soooo nice!
Next up is a firm fave of mine which is the Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream. I have done a blog post about it HERE. I absolutely love this, it just works so well with my skin and keeps is hydrated! Sticking with the makeup/beauty theme I also, finally, decided to get the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I have had a couple of samples and thought it was about time I bought the full size product as I really like it. I got the shade 1N2 Ecru. I’ll be doing a blog post on this very soon!
Now moving onto the final two fashion items! So you may or may not know I LOVE scarves, whether its rain or shine I usually have a scarf on and 9 times out of 10 whatever scarf I am wearing will be from my fave little shop in Ripon called TuttoBello. I went in over the weekend because they had an offer on all scarves where you buy one for £9 and get another one for free. As soon as I saw this offer I knew I had to get myself there and as you can see I got two super pretty scarves that will be perfect for all seasons.
So that is all for my little collective haul. I hope you enjoyed this post! What have been treating yourself too lately?
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! How are you doing? So I think I have finally found the perfect day and night moisturisers! I have tried so many but because I have super sensitive skin a lot of products don’t agree with my skin and either break me out or they dry my skin out. However, The Body Shop have saved the day as usual and my skin seems to really like these two amazing products!
I will start with the moisturiser that I use on a morning and that is the Aloe Soothing Day Cream from Body Shop’s Aloe Range. This is the second step in my routine on a morning and when I use this it makes my skin feel so refreshed as it is quite cooling and as the name suggests very soothing on the skin. You don’t need to use a lot of this as a little goes a long way. I have had this pot for absolutely ages and I still have loads left. My makeup sits so nice on top of it as it creates such a nice smooth base. It is fragrance, alcohol and colour free which is why it feels so refreshing as we put a lot of different products on our faces so it is so nice to have something to calm it down before applying makeup over the top. If you have sensitive skin and need something to really sooth and calm your skin then I really recommend this product. It is also really affordable at £12.00 for 50ml.
Now onto the last step in my evening routine. This is the Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream from their Vitamin E Range. This is for all skin types and is a lot more of a thicker cream. It says ‘Antioxidant skin repair whilst you sleep’ so it is a lot more rich and moisturising on the skin so paired with the Aloe cream it is a nice balance especially if you have oily skin anyway. My skin always feels so smooth and soft after using this. It does have a stronger scent to it but it’s not too overpowering. There are a lot of ingredients in this that are really good for the skin like Shea Butter, Vitamin E (obvs) and wheatgerm oil. I used to get some dry patches on my skin but ever since using this and the Aloe Day Cream my skin is looking and feeling so much better! The dry patches are gone and my skin looks so much more healthier. This Night Cream is also super affordable at £13.00 for 50ml.
I would 100% recommend these two products as they do exactly what they say and my skin loves them. I have had both of these for quite a while so I know they are worth it plus The Body Shop always have good sales on so its a win win ;)! Let me know if you have tried these products and what you think about them?
I hope you have had a lovely Monday!
See you soon.
Hello lovelies! How was your weekend?! I woke up on Sunday and was greeted by absolutely amazing weather! It definitely felt like the first day of Spring! Lets hope it stays like this! So today is all about products that I have used up. I know I did one of these just over a month ago now but I seem to be using up all my products at once, plus I like reading these posts so why not do another one!
- Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder – I bought this on a deal with the foundation as I had wanted to try the Colorstay Foundation for a while. I didn’t like the foundation at all, it just didn’t sit right on my skin so I gave it to my friend and she loved it. I did however like this powder it kept my makeup in place all day and didn’t dry my skin out. The only reason I haven’t re-purchased it is because its £10.99 and I know a cheaper alternative that does the same thing but it is still a good powder and I would recommend it.
- L’Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim – I really enjoy using this eyeliner and have bought another one. It is so easy to use and stays on pretty much all day. The only thing I don’t like is that is does tend to smudge a little bit on the inner corners of my eyes when I have been wearing it the whole day but I just keep checking it and clean it up if needed.
- Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser – I absolutely love this product. It melts away all my makeup and has really helped to clear up my skin. It doesn’t irritate it at all and makes my skin feel so smooth and soft afterwards. I have bought two more bottles since using this up and will continue to re-purchase for a long, long time! I have just done a full post about this HERE.
- The Body Shop Instablur Primer – This is another product I could rave on and on about and probably have done way too many times. I love it so much I have lost count how many times I have re-purchased this. It keeps my makeup in place all day and helps hide pores. Massive thumbs up from me! I have done a full post about this too HERE.
- CHANEL Chance Eau De Toilette – This is by far my favourite perfume I have ever owned and was so gutted when this bottle ran out as it was my first bottle and I paid for half using vouchers but I love it that much I was willing to pay full price and have bought myself another one. It is quite expensive at £55 for 50ml but it smells absolutely beautiful so I think it’s worth it. There are four different scents in the Chance range, this one is the original one and by far my favourite. More detail HERE.
That is it for today’s post. I hope you enjoyed it. I love reading these posts as you can really tell if something is worth purchasing when people say whether they will re-purchase again or not. What have you used up recently?
See you soon!
Hello lovelies! Half way through the week wahooo! Today is my Friday as I have booked Thursday and Friday off work as I needed a little break and a few more cheeky lie ins! Plus my boyfriend has this week off uni so we thought we would make the most of it and have some days out! Last weekend I was also out and about doing a bit of shopping and even though I wasn’t supposed to buy anything I ended up buying quite a lot – always the way! However, I am extremely happy with my purchases which is why I am sharing them with you 😀
- Lush – I went to Lush first as I wanted to get a couple more bath bombs as I was running a bit low so I decided to get ‘Sex Bomb‘ as I have never tried that one and love the smell, plus it looks super pretty! I did also get ‘Big Blue‘ but left it at my boyfriends house! I haven’t tried that one either but it also smells lovely.
- The Body Shop – I was in need of a night and day cream so for the night cream I went for the Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream (I got this a couple of weeks ago) and for the day cream I went for the Aloe Soothing Day Cream and when I bought this one I had a £5 voucher on my Body Shop card and ended up getting it for around £7 instead of £12 – super pleased with that!
- Boots – I went into Boots on Saturday and Sunday and ended up buying things on both days, oops! So on Saturday I went into the York store looking for a Liz Earle counter and even though they don’t have one they are getting one at the end of this month – wahooo! So as a little taster they were selling the Hot Cloth Cleanser which is what I wanted anyway so my mum very kindly bought me it along with 2 muslin cloths (thank you mum!) I also bought myself the CHANEL Chance Eau De Toilette perfume as it is my fave and I ran out about a month ago! On the Sunday I went in for the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and got that and also ended up buying the Eco Tools Foam Applicator which I am quite excited to try as I have never tried any form of beauty blender or sponge before – I shall let you know how I get on with it!
So that is everything that I bought last weekend. I did get a little spendy but it’s allowed every now and then ;). What have you been buying recently?
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you soon.